Finally! Blackshirt Talk

On 9/4/2018 at 4:57 PM, Fru said:

Does anyone remember the Callahan yellow jersey? If I recall correctly it was a nod to Lance Armstrong.

This is the only article I can find that mentions it. 

"For the second straight day, a Husker celebrating his 22nd birthday wore a yellow jersey during drills. Center Kurt Mann garnered the honor Wednesday"

http://www.huskers.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=100&ATCLID=177746

Yep.  From the Journal Star

Callahan announced senior running back Cory Ross won four stages of the first Tour De Camp, which concluded with the end of two-a-days. Players with outstanding practice performances were awarded a yellow jersey to wear for the next day’s practice.

• Plus1 1

2 hours ago, Fru said:

Would be cool if that became a theme for Blackshirts in the NFL.

Actually, no it wouldn't. It would be well understood by Nebraska fans, but not necessarily by kids (across the country) who grow up to be potential recruits. This represents a dilution of one's BRAND. Our brand is the University of Nebraska Cornhuskers, possibly shortened to NEBRASKA or HUSKERS. I'm not against Blackshirts as the name given to your brand of defense, with the t-shirts, flags, etc that go along with it. But Blackshirts is to Cornhuskers as Whopper is to Burger King. It is a separate trademark that is under the larger brand umbrella.

3 minutes ago, cheekygeek said:

Actually, no it wouldn't. It would be well understood by Nebraska fans, but not necessarily by kids (across the country) who grow up to be potential recruits. This represents a dilution of one's BRAND. Our brand is the University of Nebraska Cornhuskers, possibly shortened to NEBRASKA or HUSKERS. I'm not against Blackshirts as the name given to your brand of defense, with the t-shirts, flags, etc that go along with it. But Blackshirts is to Cornhuskers as Whopper is to Burger King. It is a separate trademark that is under the larger brand umbrella.

Actually it would.  Because it would draw people to research what a Blackshirt is and learn the history and tradition.  There is nothing wrong with that.

• Plus1 5
  • Fire 1
2 minutes ago, StPaulHusker said:

Actually it would.  Because it would draw people to research what a Blackshirt is and learn the history and tradition.  There is nothing wrong with that.

Yeah, I'm sure people were googling "black shirt" all over the country after Nate Gerry said that. Don't feel too bad though, most people don't really understand Branding.

giphy.gif

2 minutes ago, cheekygeek said:

Yeah, I'm sure people were googling "black shirt" all over the country after Nate Gerry said that. Don't feel too bad though, most people don't really understand Branding.

giphy.gif

Perhaps not when Gerry was the only one that has done it.  But the point was hoping it would catch on with other NFL players.  

And I understand branding just fine.  Be careful of who you assume does or doesn't know things.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
1 minute ago, cheekygeek said:

giphy.gif

Googling is as easy as asking your phone, "What's a black shirt?". And also if enough players start doing it, then the announcers will mention who the Blackshirts are. And despite your smug comment, I'm not sure you understand branding.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1