Finally! Blackshirt Talk

14 minutes ago, cheekygeek said:

Yeah, I'm sure people were googling "black shirt" all over the country after Nate Gerry said that. Don't feel too bad though, most people don't really understand Branding.

giphy.gif

First, there can be discussion about a topic without the need for the overly-dramatic gif insinuating that no one else is as smart as you are.

Second, you should probably try the "most people don't really understand Branding" line on the companies that spend billions of dollars each year on it.

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Mavric said:

First, there can be discussion about a topic without the need for the overly-dramatic gif insinuating that no one else is as smart as you are.

Second, you should probably try the "most people don't really understand Branding" line on the companies that spend billions of dollars each year on it.

I actually didn't mind the gif because it's Krysten Ritter.  And well, yeah, Krysten Ritter.

54 minutes ago, cheekygeek said:

Actually, no it wouldn't. It would be well understood by Nebraska fans, but not necessarily by kids (across the country) who grow up to be potential recruits. This represents a dilution of one's BRAND. Our brand is the University of Nebraska Cornhuskers, possibly shortened to NEBRASKA or HUSKERS. I'm not against Blackshirts as the name given to your brand of defense, with the t-shirts, flags, etc that go along with it. But Blackshirts is to Cornhuskers as Whopper is to Burger King. It is a separate trademark that is under the larger brand umbrella.

Image result for yeah well that's your opinion man gif

19 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I'm confused on those.

I've used a couple on posts.  But, I don't see any showing up on posts.

For instance, I don't see yours on this post.

Interesting. I gave this post a “confused” response. Do you see it? Maybe it’s a one way replier to poster thing.

36 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I'm confused on those.

I've used a couple on posts.  But, I don't see any showing up on posts.

For instance, I don't see yours on this post.

I can see that someone gave you a confused rep. I can also see when I go to my profile which reps I’ve received for different posts.

• Thanks 1
  • Fire 1

57 minutes ago, FrankWheeler said:

750904246a86653d61157a416815f602-full.pn

This misses the point. Statistics are like bikinis: What they show you is revealing, but what they hide is VITAL. Great. A whole 100 people took the time to Google blackshirts when it was mentioned. But where are the stats for the number of people that didn't? For how many did the reference go straight over their head?  And more importantly, how many would more clearly have understood where Nate Gerry played college ball (without needing to Google) if he had simply said "University of Nebraska"? This graph makes my point. How many hundreds of thousands of people were tuned in and paying attention when he said that. And you only got 100 people to jump through the hoop you wanted them to jump through?  How about not putting hurdles in front of people (outside Nebraska) understanding your brand in the first place?