Florida offer

I have no issues with Frost bringing his entire coaching staff with him.  There is a lot to say about continuity and they kicked ass last year with it.  

From a coaching standpoint, Ruud is my only question mark because he's never been a FT coach and recruiter and Nebraska needs to stop being a proving ground for first time coaches.  I'm sure his playing experience is going to be good for him and give him some advantages.  And he'll probably have success.  

But a coach needs to bring people in he feels he can trust.  And if these are the coaches he trusts to get the job done, the proof will show itself soon enough.

• Plus1 2

We all seem to have our own ideas on this staff. 

I think Ruud was a perfect hire. Maybe being able to teach his craft and interact with the kids, is something we don't know yet.. We do know he knows how to play the position. 

The only concern I have with any of the coaches, is Chinandre. Time will tell. 

Would Frost have came without his whole staff, who knows. Urban Meyer said no to us over it, plus the  other thing.

GBR!!!

Discussing this now is about as logical as discussing where the program would be today if TO didn't pull rank and $ Byrne hires Bob Stoops instead of Solich.  What's in the past is in the past.  Just be greatful for where we are today and the direction we are headed.  For the first time in 15 years, we are headed in the right direction.

What the hell are we supposed to talk about. It’s summer. We can only discuss frosts greatness in so many different threads. 

I for one am not uncomfortable to acknowledge frost had options. ESPN rambles about worthless crap all day and lots tune in to watch 2 people give their opinions on topics. It’s fun to debate and speculate. I actually think that’s why this board was created 

• Plus1 7

It didn't matter what Florida or Tennessee offered. They could have offered more than what Nebraska did and let his whole staff come, he still wouldn't have taken either job. It was Nebraska or UCF. Period.

Not only that had Frost stayed at UCF AND had Fuente decided to reverse decision and stay at VT (he was taking the Nebraska job if Frost didn't) The guy who was 3rd in line was Mullen and he also was taking the Nebraska job over Florida had it been available to him.

Mullen only took the Florida job when the Nebraska job was off the table. 

Some college football fans might think Florida is a top tier job, most coaches do not.  It's the 3rd best P5 job in the state with the toughest schedule and hardest admissions. 

• Plus1 1

No matter what you guys say, I won't believe Frost was picking anywhere but UCF over Nebraska. He had already laid the groundwork at UCF and his family was comfortable.  He wasn't going anywhere but Nebraska or staying at UCF. 

Had he stayed, I easily could've seen them eventually getting a bid to a major conference. Which perhaps would've been his big legacy there, other than the umpteen billion games he was going to keep winning.

23 hours ago, brophog said:

Caring whether or not Frost may have gone elsewhere is like caring about that bad spot in the second quarter of a blowout win.

Maybe, but Beckton making it sound like Frost would have taken the Florida job if they liked his assistants more is damn stupid. That is not a narrative you share with the public. 

• Plus1 1
10 hours ago, Danimal said:

Maybe, but Beckton making it sound like Frost would have taken the Florida job if they liked his assistants more is damn stupid. That is not a narrative you share with the public. 

Yeah, I have to agree with this.  This is something you might mention 10-15 years later.  It's not something you share mere months later. 

13 hours ago, Blackshirt316 said:

It didn't matter what Florida or Tennessee offered. They could have offered more than what Nebraska did and let his whole staff come, he still wouldn't have taken either job. It was Nebraska or UCF. Period.

Not only that had Frost stayed at UCF AND had Fuente decided to reverse decision and stay at VT (he was taking the Nebraska job if Frost didn't) The guy who was 3rd in line was Mullen and he also was taking the Nebraska job over Florida had it been available to him.

Mullen only took the Florida job when the Nebraska job was off the table. 

Some college football fans might think Florida is a top tier job, most coaches do not.  It's the 3rd best P5 job in the state with the toughest schedule and hardest admissions. 

Oh, you mean like when SF committed to NU back in 1993 coming out of high school?  

Make no mistake.  Scott Frost is smart.  But that's one of the reasons he's a good HC.  

• Plus1 1
On 6/13/2018 at 8:59 PM, Blackshirt316 said:

I think Miami is the hardest job of the three. It's a private school (also the hardest to get into) that has little commitment to football from the university. Miami is like the inverse of Nebraska. Both teams have really strong strengths but really big weaknesses. If you could combine the strengths of both, then it would be the best football program ever.

I will say that I think Florida State is the best job in Florida. Maybe not next year, but in a year or two, Willie Taggart is going to have FSU rolling. Probably just like Frost at Nebraska.

1 hour ago, Hans Gruber said:

I think Miami is the hardest job of the three. It's a private school (also the hardest to get into) that has little commitment to football from the university. Miami is like the inverse of Nebraska. Both teams have really strong strengths but really big weaknesses. If you could combine the strengths of both, then it would be the best football program ever.

I will say that I think Florida State is the best job in Florida. Maybe not next year, but in a year or two, Willie Taggart is going to have FSU rolling. Probably just like Frost at Nebraska.

I'd love to give Taggart the benefit of the doubt.  However, he's on his fourth job in the last decade.  Considering his last move, he may not even be at FSU in a year or two.