Roxy15

Cutting Fresh Corn

Some of you may have used this trick before, but I haven’t.  I’m looking forward to trying it.

I've tried it, and it's only a bit better than doing the same thing on a plate. The corn kept slipping down into the bundt pan for me. Next time I'm going to try some sort of non-slip surface but I haven't figured out what that is yet.

Why cut the corn off a perfectly good roasting ear in the first place?  Butter that bad boy up, and gimme the salt and pepper! 

• Plus1 1

Nuance because some people have a hard time eating corn right off the cob and I want to make it easy for them to eat it.

Thank you for showing me that cooking tool from Walmart.  I do have an idea on how to make it easier using the bundt pan.  When I try it, I will let you know if it works.  I am pretty sure it will, but want to try it first.

4 hours ago, NUance said:

Why cut the corn off a perfectly good roasting ear in the first place?  Butter that bad boy up, and gimme the salt and pepper! 

freezing it.

PS....if you have a lot to do, use an electric knife.

I don’t have an electric knife and if I did have one, I still wouldn’t use it for that.  I am happy for you if that works for you.

I hate how it gets stuck in my teeth if I eat it off the cob, so I always cut it off. Also, that's how my grandpa did it.

• Plus1 1