Get with The Program

5 hours ago, Making Chimichangas said:

You know, from what I remember...basic training really wasn't that difficult. 

From what I remember, there weren't all these team level tasks.  The drill instructors taught us stuff, and if someone messed up it was PT for the whole platoon.  And that was just PT for time.  I don't remember ever having to have the whole platoon do something correctly x number of times before it ended.  I also think that a LOT of training techniques the military uses today on regular troops (and programs like we're seeing here) has filtered down from the SpecOps.  And, I think it is a fairly recent phenomenon, say last 7-10 years or so.  I could also be mis-remembering since almost 30 years have passed since I was in basic training.  ;)

There is a HUGE difference between BUDS and basic training.

Not sure how it is in other branches but from my experience, ALL enlisted go through the same Basic Training and it's pretty much a breeze if you're remotely fit.  Then, you'll go to the more specific training geared towards your actual job.  For some it's Pararescue (tough!), SERE Training (tough!), Navy Seal BUDS Training (VERY TOUGH!)....for others, like me, Intel, cake walk.  

On 6/14/2018 at 12:30 AM, Landlord said:

Dont' know if anyone will jump to a conclusion that this is a bad idea because Pelini's teams did it, but I can't see any possible way that this is anything other than a net positive for these guys, as players on the football field and as men in life.

Pelini's teams also made it to multiple conference championship games, so no overriding stigma.  Pelini>Callahan>Riley.  Scott can top all 3.

UCF dominated a team that beat two playoff teams.  UCF =#1 =Scott Frost#1 .  NU will be #1 again!!!  

• Plus1 3
  • 2 weeks later...

• 11 months later...
On 6/19/2018 at 4:23 PM, Making Chimichangas said:

Oh gawd no....I was just regular Army.  I am just saying a LOT of what happens in the military tends to start in SpecOps and then if it works, it filters down.

Them Navy boys love taking credit for things that Army Special Forces and Rangers did.   ;)

Rangers Lead the Way!