Boxing

MLB 51

Spence did whatever he wanted.  The size and reach made Mikey Garcia look like amateur.  Figured Garcia’s heart and experience could get him through 12 though.  But as I said earlier it was a unanimous decision for Spence.  Two judges 120-108 and the other scored it 120-107.  Not a round for Garcia.  The second round was the only round that Mikey looked like himself.

The telling stat of the route 345-75 punches landed.

And sadly after the fight it went straight to challenging Pacquiao.  Spence should go pummel Thurmond or Porter(would be the best fight for him) get their belts and then push the Crawford fight to unify and then move up in weight.  However IF all that somehow happened we wouldn’t see Spence vs Bud until at least 2021.  Thurmond ain’t gonna want a big fight for a while still coming off the injury.  Porter is the best fight for Spence in the next year.

Meanwhile Bud will fight whomever and continue to get slighted due to his contract 

• Plus1 1
  • 2 months later...

• 2 weeks later...

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Fight of the year candidate last night in LA.  Spence took down Shawn Porter by split decision.  Said it would be a great fight back in March.  Porter mucks up a fight into a brawl and Spence struggled with it in the middle rounds.  Spence landed a short left straight to the jaw to drop Porter late, a punch that ends a bunch of fights, to help push the score with two judges his way.  

After the fight it appears Danny Garcia is next for Spence for god knows why.  Spence wants Manny who just beat Keith Thurmond for his belt.  

Now how how does this relate to Crawford.  It means he won’t be seeing a title fight with any of these two(Spence and Manny) until at least 2021 like I said.  I honestly can never see Manny taking the fight and that is almost two years for Spence to grow out of the division.  Bud wants either, the fans want Spence/Crawford, but boxing politics pretty much say f#&% you.

• Plus1 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 11/24/2019 at 8:28 AM, MLB 51 said:

I'd love to see this happen.

No thanks.  Floyd would dance around in that fight more then you’d see in three seasons of Dancing with the Stars.  Plus he’d never take a fight now where he’d be pretty decisive underdog.  I’ll keep holding my breath for Spence in 2021

• 2 weeks later...