Nebraska High School Players - Class of 2021

24 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Rob Zatechka and Matt Vrzal throwing shade to the NU coaching staff for not recruiting a “true high school center” like Isaac Zatechka (Rob’s son) from Elkhorn South. Sometimes NU coaches can’t win when it comes to recruiting legacy kids, especially if they are Nebraska natives and borderline Power 5 talent. 

I may have heard incorrectly, but I thought they were considering a grayshirt opportunity for Zatechka like they did for Gifford?

32 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Rob Zatechka and Matt Vrzal throwing shade to the NU coaching staff for not recruiting a “true high school center” like Isaac Zatechka (Rob’s son) from Elkhorn South. Sometimes NU coaches can’t win when it comes to recruiting legacy kids, especially if they are Nebraska natives and borderline Power 5 talent. 

I wasn't sure if they were really throwing shade or just kind of giving a light-hearted nod to a local kid in light of the issues we're having.

Looks like his only offers are from Minnesota State and Montana.  Not even the Dakota schools have got in the mix yet.  So I'm thinking they're just having some fun.

• 2 weeks later...

Just now, ColoradoHusk said:

Dr. Rob had a Tweet this morning to Frost, Greg Austin, and other coaches showing that Isaac has this offer from Mizzou.  I am surprised that Frost hasn't at least given Isaac a walk-on offer.

I'm a bit confused by it as well.  But from what I've read a couple times, he isn't interested in a walk-on offer.  So perhaps he said he wasn't interested so we haven't offered it.  But it's a bit odd with the Missouri offer Tweet.

• Plus1 2
Just now, Mavric said:

I'm a bit confused by it as well.  But from what I've read a couple times, he isn't interested in a walk-on offer.  So perhaps he said he wasn't interested so we haven't offered it.  But it's a bit odd with the Missouri offer Tweet.

Maybe we can work out a blueshirt/grayshirt/whatever the heck we're doing with Gifford and Hahn. His DC has tweeted about a dozen coaches about him, which may not be the most effective strategy but whatever. Also I get his point here, but "not a horrible blocker either" is not a ringing endorsement.

22 minutes ago, Husker in WI said:

Maybe we can work out a blueshirt/grayshirt/whatever the heck we're doing with Gifford and Hahn. His DC has tweeted about a dozen coaches about him, which may not be the most effective strategy but whatever. Also I get his point here, but "not a horrible blocker either" is not a ringing endorsement.

HOL was speculating that they might be trying to work out a two-year walk-on, three-year scholarship deal or something like that.  

As to Zatechka's comment .... eh.  That's going to a lot of stretches to try to make a case.  I'm assuming he's more trying to talk up the kid more than make an actual argument.  "Not a horrible blocker" isn't exactly the type of endorsement I'd like out of my scholarship guys.  :lol:

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, Mavric said:

HOL was speculating that they might be trying to work out a two-year walk-on, three-year scholarship deal or something like that.  

As to Zatechka's comment .... eh.  That's going to a lot of stretches to try to make a case.  I'm assuming he's more trying to talk up the kid more than make an actual argument.  "Not a horrible blocker" isn't exactly the type of endorsement I'd like out of my scholarship guys.  :lol:

That's what I laughed at, as well.  I get Rob is trying to look out for his kid, but how he's gone to social media to bring up this community upswing that his kid needs a scholarship offer from NU is pretty bad.  I wonder if he's said anything on his podcast.  I am sure he was really railing on Jurgens in his podcast after the Iowa game.