Mavric

2019 Season Notes

3 hours ago, GBRFAN said:

Assuming that is Frisco as in Northeast of Dallas !!!!!  

If this is Frisco as in Northeast of Dallas...then this is a third Frisco. The one down here in DFW is north/northwest of Dallas proper...

But this will be a good thing. I work right by the ballpark so I’ll definetely show up.

Just hope the team does...

I was down at the CWS this afternoon and my buddy brought up Husker baseball and how fun it was when they made it to the CWS...I have a feeling we won't see that ever again.  

I do think we will see tons of hotties down at the CWS though...

• Plus1 1

4 hours ago, VectorVictor said:

If this is Frisco as in Northeast of Dallas...then this is a third Frisco. The one down here in DFW is north/northwest of Dallas proper...

But this will be a good thing. I work right by the ballpark so I’ll definetely show up.

Just hope the team does...

Sorry i'm one of those guys that considers the entire area to be dallas - there is no Fort Worth (even thou I live closer to FW then DAL

8 hours ago, GBRFAN said:

Sorry i'm one of those guys that considers the entire area to be dallas - there is no Fort Worth (even thou I live closer to FW then DAL

I hope for your sake there aren't any folks from Ft. Worth on the boards here--those are fighting words. :D  And ever since the Cowboys and Rangers moved to Arlington, it seems like folks think Dallas geographically shifted as well, so I understand where you're coming from. 

Now, like I said, I'll be at the games, but the question is, will Erstad's team be there?

7 hours ago, VectorVictor said:

I hope for your sake there aren't any folks from Ft. Worth on the boards here--those are fighting words. :D  And ever since the Cowboys and Rangers moved to Arlington, it seems like folks think Dallas geographically shifted as well, so I understand where you're coming from. 

Now, like I said, I'll be at the games, but the question is, will Erstad's team be there?

Me too - i'll probably be drunk and passed out somewhere in left field.  Any chance to see the Skers live becomes a party - well at least it was 30 years ago (hard to remember some of those college  football day games)

• Plus1 1

Husker baseball has a incoming freshman Blake Peterson who is a tremendous athlete that is a dynamic player that possess athleticism, speed, and can hit that can help the team in 2019 and upcoming seasons. 

On 10/7/2018 at 12:17 PM, Mavric said:

Thanks. Do we have anyone that covered the scrimmage that could report how they looked? 

College Baseball Daily released their predictions for the 2019 season:

Nebraska (2018 Record: 24-28, 8-14)

The Cornhuskers just missed out on the Big Ten Tournament last year finishing 10th in the conference.

Returning Players

Luke Roskam returns after hitting .269 last year with 5 home runs and 46 RBI. Mojo Hagge hit .275 with 45 runs scored, while Jaxon Hallmark hit .261. Angelo Altavilla is expected to play a bigger role in the offense as well.

Matt Waldron posted a 4.26 ERA last year in 69.2 innings pitched with 61 strikeouts.

Newcomers

Spencer Schwellenbach is a two-way player who was drafted in the 34th round of the 2018 MLB Draft. He could have a big impact on this team right away. Colby Gomes is another freshman that is a two-way player who could contribute right away.

Freshman Cam Chick will get a chance to earn some playing time on the infield, while JUCO transfer Aaron Palensky could see some time in the outfield.

Bo Blessie is a freshman right-handed pitcher who could throw some significant innings this year.  

Outlook for 2019

They are hoping the pitching staff will be better this year after suffering a ton of injuries last season. They will also be looking for some players to fill in the voids on offense with the departures of Scott Schreiber and Jesse Wilkening.

Predicted Order to Finish:

1. Indiana

2. Michigan

3. Minnesota 

4. Illinois

5. Purdue

6. Ohio State

7. Iowa

8. Michigan State

9. Nebraska

10. Rutgers

11. Maryland

12. Penn State

13. Northwestern

Hoping they are wrong, or things won't bode well for Darin Erstad...

• Plus1 1

On 2/19/2019 at 3:52 PM, SouthLincoln Husker said:

At lease we will know what we have!

Great chance to show where we stand.  Will be tough thou - those southern schools have a head start on the season and usually it is early april before we are at that form.

8 minutes ago, GBRFAN said:

Great chance to show where we stand.  Will be tough thou - those southern schools have a head start on the season and usually it is early april before we are at that form.

We played 2 tough games,  but had too many SO

3 hours ago, Mavric said:

Well I'd better be getting a refund for the tickets then. I'm no saving them for 365 days. And Sean is stupid and should shut up.

1 hour ago, hskrfan4life said:

Well I'd better be getting a refund for the tickets then. I'm no saving them for 365 days. And Sean is stupid and should shut up.

On 2/23/2019 at 12:34 PM, SouthLincoln Husker said:

We played 2 tough games,  but had too many SO

hear you - it seems like ball contact should get a lot of play during the cold/indoor period.  Are we seeing pitchers that are just a step above what they are seeing from our club? 

13 hours ago, GBRFAN said:

hear you - it seems like ball contact should get a lot of play during the cold/indoor period.  Are we seeing pitchers that are just a step above what they are seeing from our club? 

I think so, Oregon State has solid pitching. Should see what happens this weekend.

Mississippi State - Team ERA of 1.69

Texas Tech - Team ERA of 5.17

Sam Houston State - Team ERA of 4.17

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, hskrfan4life said:

I think so, Oregon State has solid pitching. Should see what happens this weekend.

Mississippi State - Team ERA of 1.69

Texas Tech - Team ERA of 5.17

Sam Houston State - Team ERA of 4.17

Stats do not mean much at the beginning of the year.  A lot depends on who you played thus far, Miss. St. played Youngstown St. who is 0-6.  While Tech played Kentucky & Oregon whose only losses are to Tech.

Apparently an added degree of difficulty the weather is causing is the team is only allowed to miss so many days of for the semester so rescheduling games is pretty tricky.  They are looking to move the New Mexico game to their place but that hasn't been finalized yet.

They are only allowed to miss nine days of class for Monday-Wednesday-Friday classes and six days of class for Tuesday-Thursday classes.  Any time they leave Lincoln before 4:00 pm it counts as a missed day.

I'm just wondering if anyone else thinks that, since the NCAA insists on running a winter baseball league,  we should drop baseball and start a hockey team instead?