2019 Season Notes

2 hours ago, SouthLincoln Husker said:

It has more to do with an on going issue.   We play in the weakest league in college baseball and since bolt left, out offense continues to get worse with 2019 being a record year for poor offense. Without Silva, we would be dead last.

to add some additional color and pile on, two of the teams that we have swept weekend series with in the Big Ten (MSU and PSU) didn't even make the list of the posted graphic.  the other team we swept was Purdue, which is in 11th place.  Nebraska has greatly benefited from playing the three weakest teams in the conference.

• Plus1 1

It's like the Pelini or Tim Miles era. Doing just enough to skate by and appease some, but generally gagging in the games that "matter", in this case, Big 10 series against teams with a pulse, Big 10 tournament games, etc. And don't get me wrong, I don't expect CWS every year, or even ever again.  But this is the same formula we've seen since 2015. Pitching will carry them as far as they can.  Which probably means a top 6 finish in the conference, another quick departure from the conference tournament, and if they make a regional, another loss to some 4 seeded team who manages to shut us down while losing their other two games by a combined 26 runs (Western Carolina did that in 2016.)  It is uncanny how consistent the bats are at letting the team down against any and all comers.

• Plus1 1

7 minutes ago, SouthLincoln Husker said:

After 1 game, we dropped 3 pts. To .261

Ledbetter became the hitting coach in August of last year. 

I missed that.  Well, I guess we have to give him several years to prove himself :mellow:

But really, all the experienced assistants out there you could look at, even in the JUCO ranks. . .this program is determined to continue sabotaging itself.

2 hours ago, HuskersNC949597 said:

I missed that.  Well, I guess we have to give him several years to prove himself :mellow:

But really, all the experienced assistants out there you could look at, even in the JUCO ranks. . .this program is determined to continue sabotaging itself.

I was surprised when I heard he was the hitting coach.  Lets just hope something clicks and they start hitting the ball!

1 hour ago, Cdog923 said:

Do you guys think that, say a move is made; could we throw enough money at Will Bolt to return? 

As head coach maybe!

• Plus1 1

On 4/28/2019 at 6:53 PM, SouthLincoln Husker said:

After the Illinoi series,  we dropped 3 pts. To .258 & added 27 SOs to total 358.  We continue to add to the worse offensive numbers under erstad. 

We're steadily regressing in this department...but then again, we've had problems with offense ever since Will Bolt left. 

Really hoping that Moos weighs in on the state of Baseball after the season is over, especially if we have our usual quick exit from the tourney (B1G or NCAA), and 'requests' that Erstad make a change to our hitting coach. Baseball was a revenue-producing sport when we were good, so there's incentive to put some money towards getting a quality position coach.