****Official Alliance of American Football Thread****

GSG

9 hours ago, tuxedodragon said:

I'm interested. The production was good and the game seemed exciting. The only worry I have are the miscues on offense I saw on my game (San Diego vs San Antonio) . The offenses are gonna need to be good if these league is gonna work long term. 

Well, I mean Mike Riley is the coach. You can expect a lot more blunders on offense.  And defense. And special teams. And decision making. And player development. You get the point. 

I do like both Memphis and Birmingham's helmets and uni's.  Christian Hackenberg sighting.  Over/under on picks?  Old Iron Mike on the sidelines.

A team can only blitz up to 5 players.  Tougher on a defense for sure.  Probably will allow for the field to have a better chance of being stretched by the offense though.  Protects the QB too.  Interesting.

52 minutes ago, suh_fan93 said:

I do like both Memphis and Birmingham's helmets and uni's.  Christian Hackenberg sighting.  Over/under on picks?  Old Iron Mike on the sidelines.

A team can only blitz up to 5 players.  Tougher on a defense for sure.  Probably will allow for the field to have a better chance of being stretched by the offense though.  Protects the QB too.  Interesting.

Hackenberg is just as terrible as I remember him being.

8 hours ago, suh_fan93 said:

It’s actually way more restrictive than that.

1) Max 5 blitzers 

2) Any player on the LOS is designated a blitzer, whether they blitz or not

3) No blitzer from more than 2 yards outside the box, or from more than 5 yards deep

4) No more than 4 blitzers from either side

5) Adjacent LBs may not blitz same side 

6) 2 or more LBs aligned guard to guard may not blitz

The stated reason for this is the lack of preparation time for QBs and OL. This isn’t a safety rule or pace of play issue or really any other need for this other than needing to get this pop up league started and finished in this narrow window. I’m hopeful that this is a one year thing because there are some good aspects to this league.

6 hours ago, southernoregonhusker said:

Fledgling?  It's Week 1 and their ratings beat the NBA.  Plus, their games today were on the NFL Network.  

Fledgling means young, immature, underdeveloped, or inexperienced.

I think that's a perfect word choice.  Doesn't mean it is bad, unpopular, or doomed to fail.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
2 minutes ago, HS_Coach_C said:

Fledgling means young, immature, underdeveloped, or inexperienced.

I think that's a perfect word choice.  Doesn't mean it is bad, unpopular, or doomed to fail.

It is doomed to fail of course, but that has nothing to do with the word "fledgling" chuckleshuffle