On 1/15/2019 at 6:14 PM, Moiraine said:

He’s a weird one. He was an a$$h@!e from 2 weeks to age 10. He’s really softened up since then but I basically have to sit on him and pry his jaws open to get a pill in his mouth. I might have to buy one of those. 

Ok....I hear similar comments from other cat people. Don’t get me wrong, I don’t hate cats. I’ve had cats most of my life....barn cats. Rather them than mice. We had one house cat. I didn’t mind him....but wasn’t sad when he was gone. 

So, if this cat was an “a$$ hole” why do you love him so much and keep him around?  

Im a constant trainer of my dogs...horses...etc. they’re very happy, but well trained. 

Why do people love having animals around that don’t respect them?  So often it’s a house cat 

23 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

So, if this cat was an “a$$ hole” why do you love him so much and keep him around?  

Im a constant trainer of my dogs...horses...etc. they’re very happy, but well trained. 

Why do people love having animals around that don’t respect them?  So often it’s a house cat 

I might've explained it earlier in the topic (don't remember and don't feel like looking).

He's not an a$$h@!e all of the time. He likes to cuddle with me, and follows me around and purrs when I hang out with him. When he was younger he would bite me a lot but that was to tell me I was petting him too much and he was getting annoyed. The only real a$$h@!e thing he used to do is he would purposely (I'm 75% sure) knock water over when he was annoyed and one time he did it onto my laptop and destroyed my keyboard.

Anyhow, the reason I like cats is most cats won't love just anyone. A lot of them will just love one person or a few people and you have to earn it. They're more like humans that way than dogs and I like that about them. Every dog I've met where I entered the house and hung out for more than 5 minutes has acted like it loved me. I'm sure they loved their owners a lot more, but they loved me too and I didn't even have to know them for a full day to get them cuddling up to me.

FWIW - I haven't owned a dog yet and we're going to get at least 1 when our cat population is reduced by 2 or 3 (we have 3 total). I didn't love cats until I owned one. I would like to never have more than 2 cats again but we had to combine them when we moved in together. I was happy with just 1.

• Fire 1
17 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

He's not an a$$h@!e all of the time. He likes to cuddle with me, and follows me around and purrs when I hang out with him. When he was younger he would bite me a lot but that was to tell me I was petting him too much and he was getting annoyed. The only real a$$h@!e thing he used to do is he would purposely (I'm 75% sure) knock water over when he was annoyed and one time he did it onto my laptop and destroyed my keyboard.

Wait .... are we talking about your cat or @Elaida?????

:D

On ‎10‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 11:59 PM, HUSKER 37 said:

This is my third husky..Now 15 years old.

Shasta.jpg

Sometimes I wonder if it's all worth it...You get so attached to them...Shasta died this morning after 15 and a half glorious years of being my best friend..I'll miss you little girl.

• Fire 1

11 minutes ago, HUSKER 37 said:

Thanks..She was so sweet to everyone

Oh my gosh.  I am so sorry about Shasta.  My heart goes out to you.  I'm sure you know it was all worth it.  She needed a loving home and you were there go give that to her but as you know they end up giving you/us so much more.  They're family...  Again my deepest condolences.  I'm so sorry.  May she be at peace now.  

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
1 hour ago, HUSKER 37 said:

Sometimes I wonder if it's all worth it...You get so attached to them...Shasta died this morning after 15 and a half glorious years of being my best friend..I'll miss you little girl.

I wonder that a lot but that's part of being there for someone. Sorry for your loss.

• Plus1 1
On ‎1‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 10:22 PM, Moiraine said:

No. I thought it was. He looked extremely uncomfortable so I assumed the worst but it's a minor problem and he's supposed to get better (assuming I can get him to take the pills).

My ex used to have me give her cats their pills...Usually, I could get them to open their mouths by doing the ''Herbie Husker 'OK' death grip'' on their jaw hinges...

Sorta like this.. 

2 minutes ago, HUSKER 37 said:

My ex used to have me give her cats their pills...Usually, I could get them to open their mouths by doing the ''Herbie Husker 'OK' death grip'' on their jaw hinges...

Sorta like this.. 

*Laughs bitterly*

That is what I do. Only thing is, my cat is insane. Like, if I were to do it exactly like she just did, he would have bounced off the walls in protest. I have to straddle him and squeeze him between my knees/calves. I also have to close my feet behind me so he can't escape backward. Then I do that method but he gains super powers when he knows a pill is coming and I'm lucky to pry his mouth open an inch and then launch the pill into his mouth and hope that he can't spit it out before I get his mouth closed.

• Plus1 1

have you tried the terrible towel?

might work if he's an old Steelers fan

I'm now wonderin if the pill will fit in a straw, you could blow it in his slightly opened mouf..or at least fit the tip of the pill in the straw, place on the back of the tongue where the bitter recepting taste buds probably are..(in human tongue maps, anyway), close mouth and rub...then run away.

15 hours ago, HUSKER 37 said:

have you tried the terrible towel?

might work if he's an old Steelers fan

I'm now wonderin if the pill will fit in a straw, you could blow it in his slightly opened mouf..or at least fit the tip of the pill in the straw, place on the back of the tongue where the bitter recepting taste buds probably are..(in human tongue maps, anyway), close mouth and rub...then run away.

They have pill shooters you can use to release the pill inside their mouth without getting your fingers bitten off but it was gonna take 5 days to arrive.

• 2 weeks later...