1 minute ago, Moiraine said:

When I first looked I thought it would only be dogs and I kept thinking it’d be hilarious to see the before and after cat photos. But the thing with cats is if they like you and you talk sweet to them and pet them they purr loud. Also one of my cat chirps every time anyone talks to her.

Yeah...not much facial reaction to anything.

4 hours ago, Moiraine said:

When I first looked I thought it would only be dogs and I kept thinking it’d be hilarious to see the before and after cat photos. But the thing with cats is if they like you and you talk sweet to them and pet them they purr loud. Also one of my cat chirps every time anyone talks to her.

My fiancee always gets mad that her cat likes me better. He even greets me when I come home from work and wants me to pick him up. Then he rubs his head on my face and purrs like crazy. Drives her nuts 

• Plus1 2

I've been taking my dog to work with me the past couple months.  She's come to expect it now.  Waits for me by the gate in the morning.  I put an old blanket on a couch at work, and she sleeps about 95% of the time.  It's a dog's life.  lol

1 hour ago, GSG said:

My fiancee always gets mad that her cat likes me better. He even greets me when I come home from work and wants me to pick him up. Then he rubs his head on my face and purrs like crazy. Drives her nuts 

We're having the same issue... Sometimes I spray him and the cats with a squirt bottle out of jealousy.

My dog was recently diagnosed with Dementia and it is heart breaking watching her go through it.  She has good days and then she has pretty bad days.   The vet said she probably has a year or so before it gets so bad that we will have to put her down.   Makes my heart hurt. 

• 9 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

On 2/26/2021 at 6:40 PM, NUance said:

I took my dog to work with me every day.  She was my constant companion for nearly nine years.  She died last week.  I am bummed out.  

So sorry. What a void to fill.

My soul mate, Cowgirl, died September 13, 2014. I still think about her at least weekly. If you have are a loving dog owner, you probably only have 5, maybe six dogs in your life.  Each of them should hold a place in your heart. It hurts when they go, but I wouldn’t want to live without either. 

• Plus1 1
20 hours ago, krc1995 said:

So sorry. What a void to fill.

My soul mate, Cowgirl, died September 13, 2014. I still think about her at least weekly. If you have are a loving dog owner, you probably only have 5, maybe six dogs in your life.  Each of them should hold a place in your heart. It hurts when they go, but I wouldn’t want to live without either. 

I ended up getting a new dog a couple days ago.  A rescue dog from the Humane Society.  He's about a year old, just past the puppy stage.  Here he's working on a rawhide bone on the couch in my office.    

edit:  Humane, not Human Society.  lol

Tigs.jpg

• Plus1 4
  • Fire 2

Question for dog people. 

how do you feed your dogs?  We have always just kept food in the bowl and if they are hungry, it’s there. Free range. We have never had a problem with an obese dog. Now, we have an all inside dog for the first time and do the same thing. My daughter and her boyfriend have two dogs and they meticulously measure out the food in fear they will over eat and get fat. 

well, my wife started thinking ours was starting to gain a little weight so she thinks we need to do what they do, interestingly, when they feed their dogs they gobble it down as fast as they can. Even need the pans that slow them down. 

Well, when we put food out for ours now, she eats very slowly in small amounts. I really don’t think she eats any less. Sometimes, she won’t even touch it’s for quite a while. 

So, my theory is that if they start off as a pup always having food if they want, they learn to self regulate. 

thoughts?