Recruiting Tangent Thread - Wisconsin Edition

1 minute ago, Ziebol said:

Crystal Balls are predictions that don't have a meaning. They just show a trending lead. Most CB's come when someone like Fong or Loy drop one and people latch on. I do not have any insider information, it's just a feeling with this kid as he plays everything close to the chest and carefully weighs his options. I think a lot is getting made of him visiting after his Wiscy visit but people still forget that he went and visited Wiscy.

No matter how everyone wants to try to slice it Wisconsin is the cheap knock off of Nebraska. 

We are Rolex, they are Rollexx. 

• Plus1 1

Just now, Huskers93-97 said:

No matter how everyone wants to try to slice it Wisconsin is the cheap knock off of Nebraska. 

We are Rolex, they are Rollexx. 

A kid born in 2000-2001 may not see it that way just saying. 

• Plus1 3

On 7/3/2018 at 1:40 PM, ADS said:

I remember my first beer too.  Wisconsin has been way more relevant in the last 15 years.

When you are having a conversation about a blue blood program your talking about like 80-100 years of tradition. Who cares if they have gotten the better of Nebraska for the last 15 years. In the grand scheme of history 15 years is not that long. We have been down and they capitalized but at the end of the day we are a historical program so when we get rolling again our ceiling is much higher. 

Kudos to them for the last 15 years. But let’s not pretend Wisconsin has more national brand relevance than us. Get a few wins rolling with frost and return us to a good program again and no one will care about the knock off up north. Sorry but it’s true 

If both programs were stock- I think most would invest in Nebraska due to historical evidence and staying power. These conversations will look really silly if frost is here for 20 years and we get back to times of old. I am sure Oklahoma has these same talks in the mid to late 90s

2 hours ago, Huskers93-97 said:

When you are having a conversation about a blue blood program your talking about like 80-100 years of tradition. Who cares if they have gotten the better of Nebraska for the last 15 years. In the grand scheme of history 15 years is not that long. We have been down and they capitalized but at the end of the day we are a historical program so when we get rolling again our ceiling is much higher. 

Kudos to them for the last 15 years. But let’s not pretend Wisconsin has more national brand relevance than us. Get a few wins rolling with frost and return us to a good program again and no one will care about the knock off up north. Sorry but it’s true 

If both programs were stock- I think most would invest in Nebraska due to historical evidence and staying power. These conversations will look really silly if frost is here for 20 years and we get back to times of old. I am sure Oklahoma has these same talks in the mid to late 90s

That's an interesting way of looking at it.  I'm not sure I would invest in Nebraska right now as I think it's probably overvalued and will come back to earth and then I would be a buyer again.  Now, I would've bought heaps of NU stock after the Iowa game...man that would've been rad.