First music you ever bought

On ‎7‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 10:32 PM, HUSKER 37 said:

I was probably 12...It cost $7.99 from a drugstore in Holdrege owned by the father of a girl I almost married 9 years later..My parents tried talking me into returning it..Kinda pricey for those days and it went on to become my least favourite Beatles album

I almost never bought pre-recorded cassettes due to poor tape quality...Just recorded vinyl onto Maxell UD-XLIIs and tried not to ever play the LPs again. But one time in the mid '80.s I was in Pickles? Records in Lincoln looking for something different and this way too cute blonde suggested this to me...Told me it only was available in Cassette...(A few years later, I found an LP version, and a few years after that, a Master Recording on CD...Even bought a couple more copies of it on CD at a $5 bin...Just in case)  

One of my side jobs while going to UNL was working in the Camera department at Shopko..Still have trouble believing Tom Osborne came in once and remembered me rolling my ankle in my new Nikes on the stadium turf during a pickup game my Freshman year..But my Manager decided to stop selling the only CD player we had and sold it to me cheap with my very first CD we used to demo it.. 

Interesting (to me) side note... (7?) years ago, my then 10 year old sees a coffee mug with this U2/Boy album cover on it while we were at Zia Records and asked me how they got his picture on it..

• Plus1 2