Well this isn’t going to end well...

Lee is, of course, being Lee.

This man's demeanor SO makes me want to get that subscription to the OWH that all of their writers are shilling on Twitter these past few months.  Who wouldn't want to pay to have this kind of man give them Husker news?

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

StutteringBill19:  Explain the reasoning that led you to vote for Michigan over Nebraska in the final 1997 AP Poll.

Along with Landlord's addendum: Especially when they played a far worse schedule, had a far worse point differential, had a far worse bowl performance against a lesser opponent, and you're a Nebraska beat writer?

Lee: It's the same reasoning that led 62 percent of all voters in the final two polls (writers, coaches) to vote Michigan No. 1. It might be time to stop whining about a split title. The powers that be might take the split away from Nebraska if they review the vote totals.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Honestly_ : What do you think of the $5 Bits of Broken Chair Trophy between Minnesota & Nebraska?

Lee: I try not to think about it.

TheRossm: (Purdue fan) Do you think Purdue will be able to win the west in the next three years if brohm doesn’t leave?

Lee:  I'm a big fan of Jeff Bohm's coaching acumen and style. As for winning the West in 3 years, that's a tall order. Programs that have been down need 3 good recruiting classes in a row to build depth of talent. Yes, you need stars, too. But if you can't create depth in the O-line and D-line, you can't hold up over 12 games. Interested to see how the Boilers develop.

xelphin:  (Iowa fan)  Welcome to /r/cfb! I can see the divisive opinions of you from our Nebraska peers...so can I assume you are a double-agent for Iowa? Might we find a Tigerhawk tattoo on you ala Bret Bielema!?

Lee:   Don't let small-mindedness from an extremely small sample size cloud reality.

greenmegandham: (Auburn fan) This week on twitter someone posted "What‘s something that seems obvious within your profession, but the general public seems to misunderstand?" - as a sports writer, how would you answer that?

Lee:  We don't get free tickets to games and we can't get you tickets. Also, my wife doesn't go to games with me. Does your wife go to work with you?

miketag8337:  (Texas A&M Fan) How old does it get trying to explain a vote in a poll from 21 years ago?

Lee:  Just shaking my head.

Addendum to the Aggie fan's question:

Honestly_ : One where the media voted 51/18 (one guy split the vote because they apparently wanted to be different), and the slight against the Coaches is that they voted a retirement gift for one of their own. But it was a good segue for the BCS the next season... until it messed up.

Lee:  Facts are indeed stubborn things.

I_am_bot_beep_boop:  (Penn State fan)  Has social media made sports journalsim better or worse?

Lee:  Social media doesn't belong in the same sentence with real journalism.

fanofmets: (Husker fan)  Had a second not been put back on the clock in 2009, how different do you think Bo would be viewed and how much longer of a leash do you think it would've given him?

Lee:  Play better. Don't leave yourself in position to get beat by a call or clock decision.

• Plus1 1

Ahhh, this is going to be hopefully just delicious.

I did like when the OWH writers would do live chats once a week or so for 1 hour a pop.  I'm surprised they got rid of them, especially given the fact they need subscribers.  Granted, you could argue that having the majority of the writers doing a weekly hit with Severe takes care of that.  

1 minute ago, Xmas32 said:

Ahhh, this is going to be hopefully just delicious.

I did like when the OWH writers would do live chats once a week or so for 1 hour a pop.  I'm surprised they got rid of them, especially given the fact they need subscribers.  Granted, you could argue that having the majority of the writers doing a weekly hit with Severe takes care of that.  

Those are exactly what soured me on Sam McKewon. He's also came off as a know-it-all, Horse's Ass type of guy in those. 

• Plus1 1