Well this isn’t going to end well...

18 minutes ago, Cdog923 said:

Those are exactly what soured me on Sam McKewon. He's also came off as a know-it-all, Horse's Ass type of guy in those. 

Yeah, I agree with that take.  At the same time, I don't know if it's a McKewon thing or a local paper guy take.  I follow the Mariners religiously and their writer, Ryan Divish comes across the exact same way, especially on Twitter.  It makes sense through their lens as their industry is in serious decline and frankly it's a tough industry in terms of transferring to do something else.  I would guess it's either do this or go teach somewhere if you want to say in the industry.  The space is incredibly crowded and super competitive.  Now, if I were in his shoes would I choose to come across like a smug know-it-all?  No, because people buy from people they like (Sales 101).  But, I understand why he would feel threatened.

As for Lee, he's just washed.  Ain't no changing him lol.

1 hour ago, knapplc said:

miketag8337:  (Texas A&M Fan) How old does it get trying to explain a vote in a poll from 21 years ago?

Lee:  Just shaking my head.

Addendum to the Aggie fan's question:

Honestly_ : One where the media voted 51/18 (one guy split the vote because they apparently wanted to be different), and the slight against the Coaches is that they voted a retirement gift for one of their own. But it was a good segue for the BCS the next season... until it messed up.

LeeFacts are indeed stubborn things.

Weird thing to say considering he ignores all the facts concerning the 1997 season...

• Plus1 6

I've only been to a few Husker games.  How fortunate to attend the Mizzou game that year.  Knew they would play us tough at Columbia and loved their QB and RB.  This was the classic game where Davison catches the kicked ball.  It wasn't until I got back home that and watched it on ESPN that I realized how fortunate the Big Red was that day.

Amidst all the debate of this great team, I never chose to think about Michigan getting a National Championship  ... I was just so glad that the refs didn't change the ruling on that kicked ball.  It saved the chance at a National Championship.  We got away with one ... just like Colorado did on their 5th play to beat Mizzou.  That, too, would lead to a National Championship for the Buffs.

12 minutes ago, Xmas32 said:

Yeah, I agree with that take.  At the same time, I don't know if it's a McKewon thing or a local paper guy take.  I follow the Mariners religiously and their writer, Ryan Divish comes across the exact same way, especially on Twitter.  It makes sense through their lens as their industry is in serious decline and frankly it's a tough industry in terms of transferring to do something else.  I would guess it's either do this or go teach somewhere if you want to say in the industry.  The space is incredibly crowded and super competitive.  Now, if I were in his shoes would I choose to come across like a smug know-it-all?  No, because people buy from people they like (Sales 101).  But, I understand why he would feel threatened.

As for Lee, he's just washed.  Ain't no changing him lol.

Maybe since they are experts, they should go into coaching.  Then they can deal with journalists who disagree with their decisions

• Plus1 1

7 minutes ago, Redux said:

Weird thing to say considering he ignores all the facts concerning the 1997 season...

When given an opportunity to explain his decision, he resorts to a logical fallacy.  And this is a guy who was once (or still is?) the president of the Football Writers Association.

Nothing about Lee has ever made me think he's anything other than a stuffed shirt.  And when given any opportunity to dispel that view, he reaffirms it.  Every time.

• Plus1 6

Lee doesn’t ever seem to want to give a thoughtful answer to a simple question. Instead, you get a terse response that reeks of annoyance, sarcasm or is otherwise somewhat condescending to the person asking the question.  I don’t know why he even does these things.  

• Plus1 3

I think the AMA is over. Lee answered 42 questions. Here are his stats*:

Answers with positive karma: 29

Answers with neutral karma: 2

Answers with negative karma: 11

Highest scoring comment: 9 points (twice)

Lowest scoring comment: -57 points (the "it might be time to stop whining" answer)

Sum of karma received:  -70

Lee failed to address my question about blocking people on Twitter, but with his obvious disdain for social media that wasn't a question likely to be answered.

* Reddit's karma calculations are intentionally ambiguous. This is not necessarily an accurate measure of the AMA. For example, Lee's lowest-scoring comment received -57 karma, but on another screen it's at -63 karma.  You know what they say about karma, though.

9 minutes ago, knapplc said:

I think the AMA is over. Lee answered 42 questions. Here are his stats*:

Answers with positive karma: 29

Answers with neutral karma: 2

Answers with negative karma: 11

Highest scoring comment: 9 points (twice)

Lowest scoring comment: -57 points (the "it might be time to stop whining" answer)

Sum of karma received:  -70

Lee failed to address my question about blocking people on Twitter, but with his obvious disdain for social media that wasn't a question likely to be answered.

* Reddit's karma calculations are intentionally ambiguous. This is not necessarily an accurate measure of the AMA. For example, Lee's lowest-scoring comment received -57 karma, but on another screen it's at -63 karma.  You know what they say about karma, though.

Had to be one of the biggest jokes of an AMA I have witnessed. I think the only question he gave a sincere response to was when he said he liked Dilly bars.

• Plus1 3

Think about the type of person who is drawn to be a sports writer.  They typically are the type that thinks they know so much about sports they need to tell everyone else.  There are some that are just really good at it and makes you want to read or listen to them.

Lee epitomizes this.

Problem is, when they are bad at it like Lee and are questioned by fans......they get extremely defensive and act like the fans are the problem.

• Plus1 1