Well this isn’t going to end well...

17 minutes ago, brophog said:

The link embedded in my previous post goes into this point quite well. Worth a read.

I looked and it doesn't really make your point for you imo, or it doesn't change my mind. The 4-team playoff is much more likely to include the best team which is a much more important measure of the system than whether the best team wins the championship. If the latter was the most important we might as well not play the games. I want the best team to play in the playoff. I couldn't care less if they win it unless it's Nebraska.

• Plus1 1

3 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

Ditto

It makes for a problem if you use last year's results, as even though they were #10 in the final Coaches and AP polls, UCF was #12 in the final CFP poll. But, I think it's more of a fair metric to use than the current model. 

I'm also in favor of restructuring the entire process of when and how the games are played: play the quarterfinals on campus at the higher ranked team's stadium, then if possible, hold the semifinals on NYD and the championship game the next week. 

10 minutes ago, Cdog923 said:

It makes for a problem if you use last year's results, as even though they were #10 in the final Coaches and AP polls, UCF was #12 in the final CFP poll. But, I think it's more of a fair metric to use than the current model. 

I'm also in favor of restructuring the entire process of when and how the games are played: play the quarterfinals on campus at the higher ranked team's stadium, then if possible, hold the semifinals on NYD and the championship game the next week. 

I have a feeling they would have been moved up to be included. 

• Plus1 1
On ‎7‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 12:00 PM, Cdog923 said:

Those are exactly what soured me on Sam McKewon. He's also came off as a know-it-all, Horse's Ass type of guy in those. 

I always thought he was annoying as "the panda tangent" on Rivals.  I don't mind his articles in general, though.  He seems to know something about football, at least, unlike Sipple.

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, Cdog923 said:

If it were up to me, I would expand the playoff to 8 team: the five Power 5 conference winners plus 3 at large. If a Group of 5 team is in the top 10 at the end of the year, they get an automatic berth. 

And ban Notre Dame until they truly join a conference

• Plus1 1

43 minutes ago, huKSer said:

And ban Notre Dame until they truly join a conference

They have one of the toughest schedules in the country every single year. They played Georgia, Stanford, Michigan State, USC, and Florida State last year. If they go undefeated they deserve a spot unless they stop scheduling tough opponents, and if they joined a conference they'd have an easier path than they have now.

I don't like ND and they are overrated a lot but they definitely don't take the easy path.

Edit: yes FSU sucked but my point still stands.

• Plus1 2

ND did play Mia-OH last season and it was pretty sad.  They generally do better than most, though, and it's not like they didn't earn their independence (which seems appropriate to point out this week somehow what with the Irish having a lot to do with this nation in the late 18th century).

On April 2, 1784, Luke Gardiner, afterward Lord Mountjoy, told the English Parliament, “America was lost by Irish emigrants … I am assured from the best authority, the major part of the American Army was composed of Irish and that the Irish language was as commonly spoken in the American ranks as English, I am also informed it was their valor that determined the contest …