Snyder, Engelhaupt & Brokop no longer on roster

Junior tight end Matt Snyder and sophomore tight end David Engelhaupt are no listed on the Huskers.com roster.

Neither is offensive lineman Bryan Brokop, who earlier this spring changed his social media to refer to himself as a former Nebraska football player.

An NU spokesperson confirmed the roster changes.

LINK

• Plus1 1

On 7/9/2018 at 4:30 PM, Xmas32 said:

I wonder if Engelhaupt has second thoughts about flipping to Nebraska at the very end.  He was locked and loaded to Wyoming.  At the very least, he has his school paid for at UNL which is good.

So my question is- Does his scholarship transfer to an academic scholarship at this point?  If not, does it open up room on the scholarship limit because he isn't on the team?  In other words, how does removing players from the roster open up new scholarships if we are still honoring the old?

1 minute ago, TGHusker said:

So my question is- Does his scholarship transfer to an academic scholarship at this point?  If not, does it open up room on the scholarship limit because he isn't on the team?  In other words, how does removing players from the roster open up new scholarships if we are still honoring the old?

His academic scholarship does not count towards the 85 scholarship limit.

2 hours ago, TGHusker said:

There is a rule adopted in 2017 that allows for kids to remain on a scholarship, not on the team, and not count towards the 85 man limit after a new coaching hire. It seems like a number of kids decided to exercise this option. 

17 minutes ago, theknife said:

There is a rule adopted in 2017 that allows for kids to remain on a scholarship, not on the team, and not count towards the 85 man limit after a new coaching hire. It seems like a number of kids decided to exercise this option. 

Smart move on their part - no playing time but they still get school paid for. 

On ‎7‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 4:30 PM, Xmas32 said:

I wonder if Engelhaupt has second thoughts about flipping to Nebraska at the very end.  He was locked and loaded to Wyoming.  At the very least, he has his school paid for at UNL which is good.

Could be, but being that he's a healthy player taking the retirement-package rather than trying to continue his football career elsewhere I doubt he's too regretful. 

19 hours ago, Danimal said:

Could be, but being that he's a healthy player taking the retirement-package rather than trying to continue his football career elsewhere I doubt he's too regretful. 

i think both these guys would be out, regardless of the current coaches........just my thoughts.