Buy In

10 hours ago, Hunter94 said:

exactly..........everyone take a deep breath and breathe. 

I never said we had been but basically there's been very little real news except for a number of guys leaving the team.   We heard nothing from the spring really either.  It's been about 15 years now.   Time for some real information and not just the coach spin of the past years.  

9 minutes ago, 84HuskerLaw said:

I never said we had been but basically there's been very little real news except for a number of guys leaving the team.   We heard nothing from the spring really either.  It's been about 15 years now.   Time for some real information and not just the coach spin of the past years.  

We never get that kind of information, nor did we in the 90s from what I recall. I read pretty much every OWH article back then. Nor do we need to have the information. We're fans. Besides that, we've gotten plenty of little tidbits from Duval including videos. Not sure what you're wanting - we've seen some squat numbers, we've seen players improve their jumping height. What exactly are you looking for here?

• Plus1 2
On 7/12/2018 at 5:57 PM, 84HuskerLaw said:

Buy in?    I would have thought by now we'd have heard some real inside news on the team, training, conditioning, etc.  Basically, from what little I have seen on this board, there is basically no news at all.   As the saying goes, "no news is bad news, usually" so it is rather troubling.  

For example, we've heard almost nothing about team and individual performance measures (speeds, heights, weights, weight loss/gains, body fats, times, etc.).   I am sure they are weighing in weekly, etc.   We ought to know if the team, as a group, atleast, is either getting in MUCH better shape or not.   The fact we hear nothing suggests there is not much good to report.  I hope not but?     

Try Twitter dude....pics and videos galore. Little less talk and a lot more action is what these boys are into. First game in a month and a half...you’ll have plenty of fodder then.

• Plus1 2
39 minutes ago, 84HuskerLaw said:

Actually there has been about the typical amount of news we usually get this time of year. However, the difference from the last 15 years is that it has generally been positive, good news. Remember not too long ago the revelations about how much lean mass the team was adding and the useless fat they were losing? All the reports of how hard the team is working, how they are already mimicking the coaches, the buy in and excitement of the players still on the team and quiet disappearance of what we can assume were mostly guys not prepared to put in the work or those that simply weren’t going to fit within the new team? I suppose some fans can elect to think this is the typical handjobbing we’ve been accustomed to these last too many years but I can sure recognize how it is different and much better. No news is good news is the correct saying. Because when there is a lot of news it’s usually bad news or BS conjecture.

• Plus1 1

I get the feeling there is going to be a much tighter ship run with Frost when it comes to media access/information getting out.  We as Nebraska fans have been pretty spoiled when it comes to access.  I have no basis for my guess, just a gut feeling that when I hear Frost speak, he comes across as a more buttoned up guy which in turn leads me to believe he will run a more buttoned up program.  

18 hours ago, 84HuskerLaw said:

Yeah, let’s release all the juicy details for the public, and other teams, to dissect. The team/coaches don’t owe us anything. They’re the ones working for all this, we get the easy job of rooting for them. 

What information are you looking for? 

• Plus1 1
7 hours ago, HuskerNBigD said:

Yeah, let’s release all the juicy details for the public, and other teams, to dissect. The team/coaches don’t owe us anything. They’re the ones working for all this, we get the easy job of rooting for them. 

Who the starting QB is

• Plus1 1

11 hours ago, HuskerNBigD said:

3 hours ago, Frott Scost said:

Who the starting QB is

7:00 PM September 1st will be soon enough for me and will probably have to be good enough for all of us. I’m guessing it will be whoever gives the offense the best chance of doing what Frost wants done. That’s all I need to know, the specific name is unimportant.

On 7/13/2018 at 5:45 PM, Xmas32 said:

I get the feeling there is going to be a much tighter ship run with Frost when it comes to media access/information getting out.

I think we can safely say it's more than a feeling at this point. The media was allotted approximately 30 minutes to view the team all spring, a far cry from last season (and Riley's mentality) which allowed for heavy media coverage and let reporters watch full practices with regularity.

I think there are pros and cons to both but I personally prefer the more reserved method that Frost (and even Pelini) implemented. I think the fan base sometimes needs to be protected from itself. We don't need to know everything all the time and practices should be a place for kids to fail and learn rather than worry about some reporter tweeting out all their dropped passes.

• Plus1 2
2 hours ago, Enhance said:

I think we can safely say it's more than a feeling at this point. The media was allotted approximately 30 minutes to view the team all spring, a far cry from last season (and Riley's mentality) which allowed for heavy media coverage and let reporters watch full practices with regularity.

I think there are pros and cons to both but I personally prefer the more reserved method that Frost (and even Pelini) implemented. I think the fan base sometimes needs to be protected from itself. We don't need to know everything all the time and practices should be a place for kids to fail and learn rather than worry about some reporter tweeting out all their dropped passes.

I'm making a new drinking game - drink every time Sam whines that he didn't get to watch practice.

• Plus1 7