Buy In

15 hours ago, Comfortably Numb said:

I'll be perfectly satisfied with extremely limited media coverage and scant information as long as the product on the field is much improved from the past 15 years. 

Nobody cares about media access during the season.  It's the offseason that's much more enjoyable.

7 minutes ago, Husker_Bohunk said:

How is it that we are talking about buy in but when Riley and Co took over there was NO WAY that buy in was a factor in what was going on?

Buy in is always a factor during/after coaching changes.

It was a factor then, too, but very different scenarios. Hitting rock bottom can be a very powerful incentive to change.

32 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Nobody cares about media access during the season.  It's the offseason that's much more enjoyable.

Good point but I didn't mean to say it's not enjoyable or I wouldn't like to see more. It does get slow and boring in July but I'd rather hear nothing than be getting a bunch of smoke blown up my ass.  Maybe I'm just gun shy based on what we heard in the off season the last few years compared to what actually happened on Saturdays in the fall.

• 2 weeks later...

• 3 weeks later...