BTN Looking into Oklahoma's Tier 3 Rights?

Mavric

From a status update by @Stumpy1:

“Oklahoma’s future relationship with Oklahoma FOX Sports Net and Learfield is completely up in the air for obvious reasons surrounding the sell off of FOX Sport Nets to unknown new owners. Oklahoma currently has their 3rd Tier Deal in place until June 30th, 2022.”

“FOX Sports under New FOX, after the sell offs of certain unaffected assets to Disney, will be reconstructed under current FOX Sports President Mark Silverman who also happens to remain BTN President at this current time.”

“As most know, or will find out shortly, University of Oklahoma is the epic center of possible Realignment in the Power 5 Conferences after 2025 when Big 12 Grant of Rights end on June 30th, 2025. Oklahoma will be the straw that stirs the drink.”

“The first indication of Oklahoma’s decision on where it’s home will be after 2025, be it in their current home Big 12 Conference or in a new P5 Conference, is where Oklahoma decides to park their 3rd Tier content from July 1st, 2022 to June 30th, 2025”

“FOX Sports & BTN President Mark Silverman has made it known to Oklahoma that they would like to be THE player on where OU parks it’s 3rd Tier content from July 1st 2022 to June 30th 2025 even with OU Sports Net having different owner or if it will even exist in few yrs”

“All options are on the table for FOX Sports President Mark Silverman to aquire Oklahoma’s 3rd Tier content in those 3 years if Oklahoma chooses to go short term route in 3T contract prior to Big 12 Grant of Rights finishing in 2025.”

“All options include putting University of Oklahoma 3T content on FS2 and provide streaming Oklahoma’s 3rd Tier content by using avaliable BTN2GO streaming capabilities”

“No Option is off the table. Not from Mark Silverman perspective. There are many reasons why Silverman has remained the decision maker at both FOX Sports and Big Ten Network and this is one prime example”

“Who are the other players today who can, and have the desire to go aggressively after, Oklahoma’s 3T Content for a possible short term of 3 years 3 years from now? Silverman has a huge head start.”

“Silverman will attempt to build a runway for Oklahoma to seamlessly cross over from whatever 3T platform they choose to have from July 1st, 2022 to June 30th, 2025, onto joining the Big Ten Conference on July 1st 2025 and it’s Big Ten Network. This is the goal.”

“Where Oklahoma decides to park their 3T content after June 30th 2022 and for how long the terms, will tell you everything you need to know where the University of Oklahoma believes their future should be.”

“Oklahoma will be making their 3T decision (July 1st, 2022 to June 30th, 2025) in approximately 18 months. Cant go much longer than early 2020.”

Greg Flugaur? @flugempire 25m25 minutes ago 

“FOX Sports, under NEW FOX, will be coming hard after Oklahoma 3T Content. If FOX Sports fails to get this content for 2022-2025 then you can expect Big Ten won’t become a factor in OU’s future possible realignment decision”

“But what’s important to acknowledge at this time is there should be no more questions on Big Ten interest in the University of Oklahoma in joining the Big Ten in 2025.”

Me:

I would add one more item to what BTM told us last night. OU’s upcoming decision on where to park their 3T content after June 30th, 2022 will start to be covered very soon by local and National writers. BTM’s info will be confirmed shortly. Silverman is going after OU 3T.

Link

• Plus1 1

Not only does OU play us in 2021, 2022, 2030 and 2031 but they scheduled Michigan for 2025 and 2026.  They also just finished up a series with tOSU. 

It was mentioned on one of their boards that OU has scheduled a lot of B1G teams across all sports. 

On 7/16/2018 at 2:35 PM, krc1995 said:

I'm sure we wouldn't go to a new conference would we?  Not sure about our deal with the B1G but the world was a better place when we were in the same conference as OU.  

No. Our deal with the Big Ten is much, much, much, much better than what we were getting with the Big 12. 

On 7/17/2018 at 6:54 PM, nic said:

This is excellent news. OU and KU addition perhaps?

Move Purdue to the B1G East, and you've got a stew. However, you'll run into a snag with what to do with Oklahoma State and Kansas State. 

• Plus1 1

We could care less about K state and i don't think they have any contract connection to Kansas.  Oklahoma State is a different bird - i have heard from more than one individual that there is some deep agreement (written or non-written) that Okie Lite has to always stay connected to OK Sr.

9 hours ago, GBRFAN said:

We could care less about K state and i don't think they have any contract connection to Kansas.  Oklahoma State is a different bird - i have heard from more than one individual that there is some deep agreement (written or non-written) that Okie Lite has to always stay connected to OK Sr.

If so, bummer for OU. No way Okie St gets in.

10 hours ago, Cdog923 said:

No. Our deal with the Big Ten is much, much, much, much better than what we were getting with the Big 12. 

Move Purdue to the B1G East, and you've got a stew. However, you'll run into a snag with what to do with Oklahoma State and Kansas State. 

I hope they would go to pods. The west pod would probably be NU, OU, KU, and Iowa. Those are games NU would play every year. 

2 hours ago, nic said:

I hope they would go to pods. The west pod would probably be NU, OU, KU, and Iowa. Those are games NU would play every year. 

Even with two 8 team divisions, you would play them every year; you would get 7 division games and 2 crossovers.

1 hour ago, Cdog923 said:

Even with two 8 team divisions, you would play them every year; you would get 7 division games and 2 crossovers.

True, but I want everyone in the conference to play more often. With pods, NU would play every team every two years. Home and home every 4.

• Plus1 1

46 minutes ago, nic said:

True, but I want everyone in the conference to play more often. With pods, NU would play every team every two years. Home and home every 4.

:yeah

If it were two eight-team divisions, you'd only play every team every four years and home-and-home every eight years (if the schedule rotated evenly).

11 hours ago, Mavric said:

:yeah

If it were two eight-team divisions, you'd only play every team every four years and home-and-home every eight years (if the schedule rotated evenly).

Agreed. That is too long. We haven't played NU in five years or so. That sucks.  I can only imagine the fireworks between Frost and Harbaugh. It's going to be great. I wish we were in the same division again. Plus I need an excuse to see a game in Lincoln.:cowbell:

OU doesnt have an Okie Lite problem.  They can do what they want without stipulations.  I guess they have it in the State Bylaws that each university can do as they please to better their school and not have interference from other state schools.  T. Boone has tried to throw money at the state like no other to change it.