Fall Camp

57 minutes ago, MyBloodIsRed16 said:

Wasnt he a high 4 star athlete who played quarterback and some safety?  That combo a starting collegiate corner does not always make 

Thats a fair point but he is still an elite athlete and if anybody can coach him up its this staff. Reports say he is near the top of the practice performance chart so that bodes well. We should all pray he comes into his own at CB because if he does our secondary will be tough and that is huge considering how bad we were there last year.

35 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

Thats a fair point but he is still an elite athlete and if anybody can coach him up its this staff. Reports say he is near the top of the practice performance chart so that bodes well. We should all pray he comes into his own at CB because if he does our secondary will be tough and that is huge considering how bad we were there last year.

It's also important to point out his opposition. We have some freaky fast guys, like Woodyard, and a difficult to diagnose offense. It's a great sign if the offense and defense are trading blows lIke they are, but it also makes it tough for outsiders to get a read on any one player. I'd caution anyone to be careful on deriving conclusions based on the snippets we see.

• Plus1 2
14 minutes ago, brophog said:

It's also important to point out his opposition. We have some freaky fast guys, like Woodyard, and a difficult to diagnose offense. It's a great sign if the offense and defense are trading blows lIke they are, but it also makes it tough for outsiders to get a read on any one player. I'd caution anyone to be careful on deriving conclusions based on the snippets we see.

QFT

On 8/13/2018 at 6:07 AM, BlitzFirst said:

Film eval on Martinez coming out of high school...keep in mind, this is one sites take but I know others have been concerned, specifically with his surgery:

https://thefootballbrainiacs.com/film-evaluation-2018-qb-adrian-martinez

Please note arm strength is one of the only negative areas.

I'm not trying to say collegiate weight training can't fix arm strength.  I'm trying to say based on what we know of these guys...Gebbia has the stronger arm.  I honestly don't care who wins the competition out of the whole lot of them.

According to this writer in the article, AM’s arm is strong enough if not great. I think we all rather have a more accurate thrower with just enough arm strength versus someone with a cannon that isn’t quite as on the mark. It just happens that Gebbia can apparently do both extremely well. I think it will come down to the guy who makes the least mistakes, makes the best decisions, and has the higher QB IQ. 

I can only guess with N’s conditioning program that AM’s straight-ahead speed and quickness has gotten even better. We know he’s gotten stronger at 220 pounds, which is a little bigger than TF was in his NC years. I can see him getting the tough yardage needed to get first downs. This is another area in the running department that AM has an advantage over TG. 

1 hour ago, cheekygeek said:

I’ve been in the prognosticating AM for a while now. My biggest concern with him is the wobble in his throw (that doesn’t appear to be clearing up yet). Getting it there quick & catchable can be the difference between a positive offensive play and an interception.

It seems to be ok on some throws and not on others. The throw at 1:17 on he has a couple that look fine and a couple that look wobbly. But, while I'm obsessing, his fake isn't very good on the first play. He barely glanced at the RB.

• Plus1 1

Credit to the guy who 'just doesn't have it.'

LINCOLN — In the ongoing race to crown the top-performing defensive back of training camp, junior cornerback Lamar Jackson says he is again the man to beat.

There are challengers, of course. Corners Dicaprio Bootle and Cam Taylor are contenders, as are safeties Tre Neal and Antonio Reed. Nebraska defensive backs coach Travis Fisher true said freshman corner Braxton Clark is making a move and senior safety Aaron Williams is returning to action following an injury.

But Jackson said his name was atop the list players saw before Monday's practice.

"I'm back rightfully at the top where I belong," Jackson said. "And then everybody else is right on my bumper competing and trying to get up there."

LINK

17 minutes ago, Enhance said:

Not sure if we should be terribly happy that he hasn't been beat out by anyone yet. Also, there are players who are great in practice, but less-than-great under the lights.
Looking forward to seeing the Real Product on the field this fall.

• Plus1 1
5 minutes ago, cheekygeek said:

Not sure if we should be terribly happy that he hasn't been beat out by anyone yet. Also, there are players who are great in practice, but less-than-great under the lights.
Looking forward to seeing the Real Product on the field this fall.

He has better coaches now.

32 minutes ago, Enhance said:

LINK

I gotta give credit to Lamar. He's been called out by coaches. Fans have been miserable to him at times. He easily could have been the one to quit, decide to play somewhere else. Instead he's more motivated than ever, seems to take Fisher's criticism to heart, understands why. His story isn't finished, all of his goals are ahead of him. 

• Plus1 7