BigRedBuster

Fall Camp

1 hour ago, cheekygeek said:

I’ve been in the prognosticating AM for a while now. My biggest concern with him is the wobble in his throw (that doesn’t appear to be clearing up yet). Getting it there quick & catchable can be the difference between a positive offensive play and an interception.

It seems to be ok on some throws and not on others. The throw at 1:17 on he has a couple that look fine and a couple that look wobbly. But, while I'm obsessing, his fake isn't very good on the first play. He barely glanced at the RB.

• Plus1 1

Credit to the guy who 'just doesn't have it.'

LINCOLN — In the ongoing race to crown the top-performing defensive back of training camp, junior cornerback Lamar Jackson says he is again the man to beat.

There are challengers, of course. Corners Dicaprio Bootle and Cam Taylor are contenders, as are safeties Tre Neal and Antonio Reed. Nebraska defensive backs coach Travis Fisher true said freshman corner Braxton Clark is making a move and senior safety Aaron Williams is returning to action following an injury.

But Jackson said his name was atop the list players saw before Monday's practice.

"I'm back rightfully at the top where I belong," Jackson said. "And then everybody else is right on my bumper competing and trying to get up there."

LINK

17 minutes ago, Enhance said:

Not sure if we should be terribly happy that he hasn't been beat out by anyone yet. Also, there are players who are great in practice, but less-than-great under the lights.
Looking forward to seeing the Real Product on the field this fall.

• Plus1 1

5 minutes ago, cheekygeek said:

Not sure if we should be terribly happy that he hasn't been beat out by anyone yet. Also, there are players who are great in practice, but less-than-great under the lights.
Looking forward to seeing the Real Product on the field this fall.

He has better coaches now.

32 minutes ago, Enhance said:

LINK

I gotta give credit to Lamar. He's been called out by coaches. Fans have been miserable to him at times. He easily could have been the one to quit, decide to play somewhere else. Instead he's more motivated than ever, seems to take Fisher's criticism to heart, understands why. His story isn't finished, all of his goals are ahead of him. 

• Plus1 7

16 minutes ago, cheekygeek said:

Not sure if we should be terribly happy that he hasn't been beat out by anyone yet.

He was beat out, and now he's back on top.

Also, there are players who are great in practice, but less-than-great under the lights. Looking forward to seeing the Real Product on the field this fall.

I agree, but that's sort of my point. People were quick to judge him for giving up one play in practice and yet he's on top of the DB charts to start the week. I think it's evidence as to why too much access to practice, and quick judgements, are a bad thing for fans. We won't really know what's up to until Sept. 1.

• Plus1 3

Media access is fine, at least to some degree.  If you're concerned with some opinion you read on the internet, that's your own personal problem.

1 minute ago, cheekygeek said:

...or did I misunderstand? Thought there would be some news/reaction by now.

Today isn’t a media or press conference day.

Just now, Moiraine said:

Today isn’t a media or press conference day.

If I had known that I would have taken my drone to Lincoln today and just happened to hover over the practice field for a couple of hours.

• Plus1 1

8 minutes ago, cheekygeek said:

If I had known that I would have taken my drone to Lincoln today and just happened to hover over the practice field for a couple of hours.

Frost shoots down 3 drones a practice by throwing a stone

• Plus1 5

1 hour ago, cheekygeek said:

You could go to the parking garage on 14th & Salt Creek, or sit in the bleachers at Ed Weir Track.

12 minutes ago, knapplc said:

You could go to the parking garage on 14th & Salt Creek, or sit in the bleachers at Ed Weir Track.

Can you see the field from the top of Oldfather?  

29 minutes ago, BIG ERN said:

Your 4th topic today....:rulez

One solution would be for YOU to start more threads, Big Ern.  

Seriously, most of us like what you have to say and would like to see more.  :lol:

• Plus1 3

17 minutes ago, NUance said:

Can you see the field from the top of Oldfather?  

Maybe, but from there you'd need some pretty good binoculars.

Is the scrimmage talked about in the OP happening in Memorial Stadium? If so, my other post is bad info. If it's at the stadium maybe you could see it from Oldfather, but I think the East Stadium building would block most of it.

7 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Is the scrimmage talked about in the OP happening in Memorial Stadium? If so, my other post is bad info. If it's at the stadium maybe you could see it from Oldfather, but I think the East Stadium building would block most of it.

I'd say all of you posts are bad info.  ;)

38 minutes ago, cheekygeek said:

giphy.gif

:P Seriously, I don't see anything about that in the rules.

No, but we do have a Fall Camp thread where this type of question would fit perfectly. :thumbs

Merged.

• Plus1 2

4 hours ago, cheekygeek said:

Crossposted:
We might see this a time or two this year:
WHGXQXGYUMBSOJI.20180823162441.JPG

Photo is from today's "situational scrimmage".  All the pics from today: http://www.huskers.com/PhotoAlbum.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=100&PALBID=2203287#.W38upn_jSoU.twitter

All those pics of receivers catching the ball and no indication as to who threw them. Boo!!!

• Plus1 1

On 8/23/2018 at 3:34 PM, Mavric said:

Obviously the starters are going to be Martinez, Bell and Morgan

Yeah, I think it WAS pretty obvious.