Fall Camp

2 hours ago, Mavric said:

It does appear that ball security may be an issue for Martinez.  Maybe it goes with the name.  :o

I believe there is a short clip of him near the start of this where he has the ball all the way out as he's getting hit.

My favorite thing about this video is seeing tight ends score at least two TDs. We finally have an offense that utilizes tight ends!

1 minute ago, Mavric said:

The first isn't necessarily true and the second isn't an argument that anyone is making.

Prove me wrong on both accounts then.

It has been stated multiple times that Gebbia doesnt have a strong arm but yet he passed for over 10,000 yards and 100 tds in High School.  He done all that with a noodle arm?

47 minutes ago, Stumpy1 said:

It has been stated multiple times that Gebbia doesnt have a strong arm but yet he passed for over 10,000 yards and 100 tds in High School.  He done all that with a noodle arm?

I think the misconception with Gebbia is not that he doesn't possess a strong arm. But rather, does he have a strong enough arm to make ALL the throws for entire games or the season? How many years did he start in high school?

50 minutes ago, Stumpy1 said:

So you make an assertion and then it's up to me to prove you wrong?  The logical fallacies are running strong today.

• Plus1 1
12 minutes ago, Dilly Dilly said:

I think both have plenty strong arms for this offense.  I'm definitely more concerned about accuracy and good decision making than being able to throw it over the moon.

This is the correct answer.  The beauty of Frost's offense is that it doesn't require a guy who has a cannon arm.  Using a mix of short, quick passes, which focus on accuracy over arm strength, along with medium and deep passes to wide open guys doesn't require an overly strong arm.

Frost's QB's don't need a NFL caliber arm to be successful.  Frost has said countless times that he focuses on his QB's making quick decisions and getting the ball to the open play makers rather than arm strength.  I think people watch too much NFL, which does require a huge arm, and then try to correlate that to the college game.

• Plus1 1
58 minutes ago, Stumpy1 said:

He did that by starting for 3 years, having very good/great skill guys at WR, and an offense that rarely ran the ball.  Gebbia may not have a noodle arm, but the style of offense and the skill guys surrounding him in high school doesn't say anything Gebbia's arm strength.

• Plus1 2
1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

By whom????

1 hour ago, hskerprid said:

I think the misconception with Gebbia is not that he doesn't possess a strong arm. But rather, does he have a strong enough arm to make ALL the throws for entire games or the season? How many years did he start in high school?