Fall Camp

1 hour ago, Huskers93-97 said:

Mid day today Schaefer was on 1620 and he said the staff made a comment that they feel further ahead at this point in camp than they were in year 2 of UCF. He said that caught his attention. If true I think this could be a much better year than 6-6. 8 or 9 could be reasonable if they are gelling that well

Comparing this year to year 2 at UCF is great considering how that season went for UCF...

3 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

You’re quoting a post on a message board as your source of people saying he doesn’t have a strong arm as though they are the expert?

You asked, "By whom?" which I was answering as it was only a few posts above your own. I don't have a dog in the fight as to the strength of any arms.

7 hours ago, WyoHusker56 said:

Comparing this year to year 2 at UCF is great considering how that season went for UCF...

Not to be a wet towel, because it is Good News if the Cornhuskers look better than expected at this point. 2018 is still going to be this coaching staff’s “first rodeo” vs Big 10 competition. Your team’s record isn’t just a question of how your team looks in practice, but on the field vs the team across the line of scrimmage. I have no doubt that we are headed in the right direction, but I also have no doubt that this coaching staff is going to be learning a lot about Big 10 play in Year 1 and that will be built upon in the coming years.

• Plus1 4

57 minutes ago, cheekygeek said:

Not to be a wet towel, because it is Good News if the Cornhuskers look better than expected at this point. 2018 is still going to be this coaching staff’s “first rodeo” vs Big 10 competition. Your team’s record isn’t just a question of how your team looks in practice, but on the field vs the team across the line of scrimmage. I have no doubt that we are headed in the right direction, but I also have no doubt that this coaching staff is going to be learning a lot about Big 10 play in Year 1 and that will be built upon in the coming years.

Yeah it actually makes a lot of sense the coaches would feel ahead considering they're working with a considerably more talented roster than they ever had at UCF.  The level of competition is much higher too, though.

• Plus1 1
20 hours ago, Mavric said:

It does appear that ball security may be an issue for Martinez.  Maybe it goes with the name.  :o

I believe there is a short clip of him near the start of this where he has the ball all the way out as he's getting hit.

Yeah, that makes three plays I've seen (two photographs and the play in this highlight reel) where Martinez is slinging the ball outside of his body in order to avoid a tackle. Initially, I thought it might have something to do with being in the no-contact jerseys, and maybe it does, but I'm not so sure now. Hopefully that's something they can work on over the next few weeks with him.

3 hours ago, cheekygeek said:

Oh I totally agree with you on this. I was surprised that the coaching staff would make that comparison at this point.

On 8/14/2018 at 6:17 AM, cheekygeek said:

I think the mind game they are playing is to praise them for improvement. I think they are trying to be more "supportive" than Tear these guys down to build them back up.

I like the style. I think constantly yelling at the kids and ripping them in the media can motivate some.