Fall Camp

20 minutes ago, BIG ERN said:

A Mart > Gebbia. It's honestly not that close in THIS offense. Gebbia isn't bad, but as I've stated before he was throwing to 3 players in HS that were 5:star 2 others were 4:star....

But the coaches will not let on anything because they want Martinez to feel pushed which will make him better. Plus they are probably trying to be fair and let Gebbia compete up till the end. 

7 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

But the coaches will not let on anything because they want Martinez to feel pushed which will make him better. Plus they are probably trying to be fair and let Gebbia compete up till the end. 

That is my assessment as well. I know others will argue that, but I think that's a big reason. AM will make some questionable plays this year as a true fresh, but when we got this kid I felt as good as if we got a 5* QB

8 minutes ago, BIG ERN said:

That is my assessment as well. I know others will argue that, but I think that's a big reason. AM will make some questionable plays this year as a true fresh, but when we got this kid I felt as good as if we got a 5* QB

I hope you guys are right. I ordered a Martinez jersey.

2 minutes ago, Mavric said:

I mean ... I get your point but it's not entirely accurate.  We watched the spring game.  Very small sample size but it's not that we haven't watched "anything".

5 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

He’s basing it off the assumption you haven’t been at the practices.

If someone wants to claim that Martinez is the better pure athlete at the QB position.....I could fully get behind that.  But, the world has seen many extremely well talented athletes not be the best QB on a team.

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, BigRedBuster said:

If someone wants to claim that Martinez is the better pure athlete at the QB position.....I could fully get behind that.  But, the world has seen many extremely well talented athletes not be the best QB on a team.

OK.  But we also have seen them both run the offense to some extent.  So we do have actual QB play to base opinions off of.

• Plus1 1
10 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

He’s basing it off the assumption you haven’t been at the practices.

I wonder if there would be any chance on this kid. UCF offered him, Tennessee sucks, and watching his highlights they run a similar system to what Frost does 

https://247sports.com/Player/Adrian-Martinez-90829

November 29, 2017 by BIG ERN

------------------------------------------------------------

I posted this 3 days before we even offered Martinez while he was still committed to Tennessee. I have watched recruiting film and scouted for over 10 years now. I'm not right every time but I feel I know elite talent when I see it. Once he committed, I told everyone to be on notice. 

• Plus1 2
1 minute ago, Mavric said:

OK.  But we also have seen them both run the offense to some extent.  So we do have actual QB play to base opinions off of.

Look, I'm not being negative on Martinez.  It's just that the coaches are seeing and being around these kids so much more than us that it's not even comparable.  

Husker fans have also had a long history of watching a kid in a Spring game and thinking he's amazing and should start...only to not see that in the fall.

• Plus1 3