Fall Camp

6 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Look, I'm not being negative on Martinez.  It's just that the coaches are seeing and being around these kids so much more than us that it's not even comparable.  

Husker fans have also had a long history of watching a kid in a Spring game and thinking he's amazing and should start...only to not see that in the fall.

That's all well and good.  And I agree.  But it still doesn't mean you were right when you said we "haven't watched anything".

8 minutes ago, BIG ERN said:
I wonder if there would be any chance on this kid. UCF offered him, Tennessee sucks, and watching his highlights they run a similar system to what Frost does 

https://247sports.com/Player/Adrian-Martinez-90829

November 29, 2017 by BIG ERN

------------------------------------------------------------

I posted this 3 days before we even offered Martinez while he was still committed to Tennessee. I have watched recruiting film and scouted for over 10 years now. I'm not right every time but I feel I know elite talent when I see it. Once he committed, I told everyone to be on notice. 

That’s cool, but your reply about Lee and POB was snarky. He didn’t say he knew the others were better than Martinez. 

Just now, Moiraine said:

That’s cool, but your reply about Lee and POB was snarky. 

Yes, it slightly was. I don't want to bash any players. I just couldn't stand the hype train over Lee who wasn't productive at any level of competition beforehand and Riley kept saying "our guy" only because he wasn't a DT QB

9 minutes ago, BIG ERN said:

Yes, it slightly was. I don't want to bash any players. I just couldn't stand the hype train over Lee who wasn't productive at any level of competition beforehand and Riley kept saying "our guy" only because he wasn't a DT QB

For which, I never said anything about Lee or POB in this thread and I'm not the one creating hype around a player.

I know its hard for some people to swallow because they have to wait until their career is almost over to say that a kid is damn good. But Martinez and Washington are 2 great talents and we should feel great about the fact we got them. But some will always have to push out saying someone is great. First its just a practice, oh its just a spring game, oh thats just 1 game. Oh thats just 3 games, oh thats just 1 season against weak competition. Lets see them do it next year etc etc etc. Stop being wet blankets. We have 2 elite kids and damn they are in the same back field together- we havnt had this kind of talent at both of those spots since the mid-late 90s. 

13 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

I know its hard for some people to swallow because they have to wait until their career is almost over to say that a kid is damn good. But Martinez and Washington are 2 great talents and we should feel great about the fact we got them. But some will always have to push out saying someone is great. First its just a practice, oh its just a spring game, oh thats just 1 game. Oh thats just 3 games, oh thats just 1 season against weak competition. Lets see them do it next year etc etc etc. Stop being wet blankets. We have 2 elite kids and damn they are in the same back field together- we havnt had this kind of talent at both of those spots since the mid-late 90s. 

I’m super excited about both of them but you have no freaking idea whether that’s true. Especially the bolded.

• Plus1 1
22 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

I’m super excited about both of them but you have no freaking idea whether that’s true. Especially the bolded.

Does anyone on this board have any freaking idea whats true? Or any idea what the hell they are talking about? If I were a betting man I would say the odds are 3 years from now the bolded above will be more true than not.

1 minute ago, Huskers93-97 said:

Does anyone on this board have any freaking idea whats true? Or any idea what the hell they are talking about? If I were a betting man I would say the odds are 3 years from now the bolded above will be more true than not.

You are the one making the claim, before either has played a college game. It’s irrelevant whether in 3 years they’re the best backfield duo we’ve had since the 90’s. You are making the claim they’re the most talented right now. Also, most people start out statements like this with something like “I bet” or “This could.”

• Plus1 1
54 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

hoping your right - but TM and RH were pretty good together.  Now the SF effect may spotlight these two guys - however that shouldn't take away from the raw talent that we saw from the two previous.

1 hour ago, Moiraine said:

You are the one making the claim, before either has played a college game. It’s irrelevant whether in 3 years they’re the best backfield duo we’ve had since the 90’s. You are making the claim they’re the most talented right now. Also, most people start out statements like this with something like “I bet” or “This could.”

You don’t have to play a game or have results to have talent. Will they be a bust and not pan out or get injured maybe. But the statement I made could be true right now. Have we had a RB since Ahman who walked in with this much raw ability? 

There is a big difference between talent and on field results. Talent is potential. Talent doesn’t always lead to results. I think these 2 will produce but it doesn’t take away their raw abilities. 

If if you don’t like the word talent. Have we had a tandem with this much potential since the 90s? 

2 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

You don’t have to play a game or have results to have talent. Will they be a bust and not pan out or get injured maybe. But the statement I made could be true right now. Have we had a RB since Ahman who walked in with this much raw ability? 

There is a big difference between talent and on field results. Talent is potential. Talent doesn’t always lead to results. I think these 2 will produce but it doesn’t take away their raw abilities. 

If if you don’t like the word talent. Have we had a tandem with this much potential since the 90s? 

“could be” and “potential” are important words here.