2019 PG Caleb Grill [Iowa State- Signed LOI]

• 2 weeks later...
  • Mavric changed the title to 2019 PG Caleb Grill [South Dakota State Commit]

Decommitted from SDSU. We're not actively recruiting him but great article on him on The Athletic: 

South Dakota State and Colorado State had been the only schools there to watch Caleb that day, but soon many others came calling, including high-major interest from Nebraska, Oklahoma State and Texas Tech.

“I was in love with Caleb and his family,” says Tim Miles, then the coach at Nebraska. “He’s the son of a coach, great legs, big-time shooting range and the kind of kid who could stay in front of people at a high-major level. I thought he was an important player and could play at the Big Ten level.”

Because he wants to live his life as a high school senior, he quickly tried to trim his list to realistic options. And he had plenty of options. He heard from Texas Tech, Oklahoma State and Nebraska for a second time in addition to Illinois, Wisconsin, Northwestern and Missouri. “I didn’t know the availability of even open spots,” Chris says. “Wow, it’s been pretty awesome. I told the assistant coach at Illinois, I didn’t think I’d ever tell Illinois that we weren’t interested just based on location and the league that you play in. There are no games that are very close.”

https://theathletic.com/943612/2019/04/25/how-caleb-grill-went-from-a-barely-known-prospect-to-multiple-high-major-teams-pursuing-him/

• Plus1 1
  • 2 weeks later...