2020 CG Donovan Williams [Oklahoma State Commit]

Just an observation which is only based on the one game I watched him play (state semi-finals).

I'm not sure he has the greatest attitude.  Basically played the whole game with an "I'm pissed off at the world" demeanor.  Not that that's the worst thing in the world but I thought it was a bit odd that he started out like that right from the start.  And the thing that I really wasn't sure about was it wasn't like that was just how he plays the game.  There were at least a couple times where a ref would try to say something to him and he'd just keep walking by like they weren't even there or a coach would try to say something to him and he'd do the same.

• Plus1 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Seems like he's pretty solidly in. Hoiberg is the guy he wanted.

"Man, I think it's a great move. He's a very experienced, really good coach. I know a lot about his background and how he coached in the NBA and he coached at Iowa State and all that type of stuff. He's a very respected coach from other coaches around the country. All I've heard is great things about him. I read some articles on him, and all you hear is great things. He seems like a great dude. I'll just have to see if he reaches out and how he communicates about everything and what the next step is.

"That is what I was looking for. That was the guy who was kind of like hit or miss. If it was him, then we're going to go with it. If it wasn't, then we'll have to evaluate everything else. I think it worked out good."

• Plus1 4

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, The Murphinator said:

Tore his ACL

That's not good.

Part of me would rather see these guys do some other sports in the off season. Playing a sport year round is a grind and the constant repetitive motions are very hard on the body.

Here's to a speedy recovery.

• Plus1 1
  • Mavric changed the title to 2020 CG Donovan Williams
  • Mavric unpinned this topic