2020 CG Donovan Williams [Oklahoma State Commit]

1 hour ago, TonyStalloni said:

We finally have a year when Nebraska high schools have national caliber basketball players and our new coach would rather recruit juco and rely on transfers to fill the roster. Maybe he can get the successful ones to transfer here in two years.

Not really

1 hour ago, TonyStalloni said:

We finally have a year when Nebraska high schools have national caliber basketball players and our new coach would rather recruit juco and rely on transfers to fill the roster. Maybe he can get the successful ones to transfer here in two years.

He is a premadonna & wanted guaranteed playing time.  Family is still sour about big brother.  This is just better than kissing a$$.

• Fire 2

I understand what went down between Williams and Hoiberg and the reason Fred backed away. This was a general comment about Nebraska high school basketball finally being relevant and so many of them leaving the state for other programs. Whether or not if the kids are prima donnas or they just don't fit Fred's style.

• Haha 1
4 hours ago, TonyStalloni said:

I understand what went down between Williams and Hoiberg and the reason Fred backed away. This was a general comment about Nebraska high school basketball finally being relevant and so many of them leaving the state for other programs. Whether or not if the kids are prima donnas or they just don't fit Fred's style.

That's not what your original post implied, though: 

13 hours ago, TonyStalloni said:

I'm sure he'd love to have Williams on the roster, but Williams doesn't want to come here. 

• Fire 1

7 hours ago, Cdog923 said:

That's not what your original post implied, though: 

I'm sure he'd love to have Williams on the roster, but Williams doesn't want to come here. 

Please tell me what I implied. I'd love to hear your thoughts. What I stated  was true last year and the reason why Fred and the coaches sought out so many junior college and transfer players.  I'm not saying this will be his policy going forward and with more success. That's what it was last year and will be this year. 

15 hours ago, TonyStalloni said:

Please tell me what I implied. I'd love to hear your thoughts. What I stated  was true last year and the reason why Fred and the coaches sought out so many junior college and transfer players.  I'm not saying this will be his policy going forward and with more success. That's what it was last year and will be this year. 

I should haven't to tell you what you implied: it's right there in black and white: 

On 4/13/2020 at 8:48 PM, TonyStalloni said:

our new coach would rather recruit juco and rely on transfers to fill the roster

^^^^ that's not true. "Would rather" is different than "has to". Does he like to recruits Jucos and transfers? Absolutely. But if Williams wanted to be at Nebraska, he would be, and it's disingenuous to say that Fred either didn't put in the effort to recruit him, or flat-out turned him away.

Another way to look at this is: why aren't Creighton and Omaha getting any of these "national caliber players" from in-state? They have also struck out with Hepburn and Williams, and most likely will with Sallis as well.  

• Plus1 1
9 hours ago, Cdog923 said:

I should haven't to tell you what you implied: it's right there in black and white: 

^^^^ that's not true. "Would rather" is different than "has to". Does he like to recruits Jucos and transfers? Absolutely. But if Williams wanted to be at Nebraska, he would be, and it's disingenuous to say that Fred either didn't put in the effort to recruit him, or flat-out turned him away.

Another way to look at this is: why aren't Creighton and Omaha getting any of these "national caliber players" from in-state? They have also struck out with Hepburn and Williams, and most likely will with Sallis as well.  

You remind me of my brother in law. He challenges everything anyone says just for a chance to prove that somewhere in the statement a better word could have been used.  He's a blast at parties.

• 1 year later...

Me thinks (not that it's worth much) that it's one thing to leave the state and another thing to commit and then decommit.... might be some burned bridges there. Hope not!!

• 4648325.png?fit=bounds&crop=50:50,offset-y0.50&width=50&height=50&fit=crop
    December 18, 2019: Decommit

Donovan Williams decommits from Nebraska Cornhuskers

• 4648325.png?fit=bounds&crop=50:50,offset-y0.50&width=50&height=50&fit=crop
    August 21, 2018: Commitment

Donovan Williams commits to Nebraska Cornhuskers