2020 CG Donovan Williams [Oklahoma State Commit]

1 hour ago, SouthLincoln Husker said:

Listening to interview with Donavan.  He did not get his scholarship pulled.  Hoiberg did not try to talk to him in staying and he feels disrespected.  Im guessing no guaranteed playing time. 

I think it's probably a bad combination of things.  He wasn't recruited by this staff.  He got hurt.  How he will recover is still to be seen. The roster is crowded at his spot.  And - especially early - we are grabbing a bunch of transfers because they started with almost nothing.

It's too bad that it's not going to work for a local kid.  But I also wasn't completely sold on what I saw from him last year at State (granted it was one game).

16 minutes ago, Mavric said:

I think it's probably a bad combination of things.  He wasn't recruited by this staff.  He got hurt.  How he will recover is still to be seen. The roster is crowded at his spot.  And - especially early - we are grabbing a bunch of transfers because they started with almost nothing.

It's too bad that it's not going to work for a local kid.  But I also wasn't completely sold on what I saw from him last year at State (granted it was one game).

He hesitated on many questions related to the Husker coaches.  He was very adamant about being disrespected by nebraska just like his brother. The family definitely has a chip about the huskers. 

1 hour ago, SouthLincoln Husker said:

He hesitated on many questions related to the Husker coaches.  He was very adamant about being disrespected by nebraska just like his brother. The family definitely has a chip about the huskers. 

And I can understand that.  I don't blame him for feeling that way.  But I can't really blame Hoiberg either.  Just a bad set of circumstances.

2 hours ago, SouthLincoln Husker said:

I don't either,  but it's more.  He brought up his brother being passed be the Huskers.  Its a family issue & he wanted his a$$ kissed

Eh, I don't really buy that.

Both were in bad spots.  His brother should definitely have been a Husker.  Unfortunately Riley was incompetent.  

Mostly both just fell into unfortunate timing.

Not sure if this report is based on actual evidence or just speculation but it sound like Williams could have signed in November if he wanted to but decided not to.  Possibly to see what else Nebraska was going to do with this class which is understandable.  And he was supposedly looking for some assurance that he'd get a chance to have an immediate impact.  

But when he didn't sign, the coaches ramped up recruiting again as if he wouldn't be part of this class.  Which is about the time I posted a note about more rumblings about Teddy Allen.  The relationship pretty much headed south at that point and obviously he ended up decommitting after Allen committed.

Again, there is a bit of speculation in all that.  But a lot of stringing facts together as well.  But that sure makes it sound like he had a chance to sign and didn't.  Once he passed up his chance, the coaches might not have really seen him as a commit anymore.

• Plus1 4
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...