Ron Brown Returns to Nebraska as Director of Player Development

In his new role at Nebraska, Brown will serve in a non-coaching role, mentoring Husker football student-athletes in numerous off-field development areas. Brown will work closely with Nebraska’s nationally renowned Life Skills program and assist in community outreach efforts of Husker football players and staff.

“Coach Brown had a tremendous impact on me during my playing career at Nebraska, and I am sure he will have a similar impact on many young men in our football program in the years ahead,” Frost said. “Coach Brown understands Nebraska and what makes this a great place for student-athletes to grow and learn in all areas.”

Brown will bring 31 years of college coaching experience to the Nebraska football staff. Brown coached for four seasons at his alma mater, Brown University, before his 24 seasons at Nebraska and the past three years at Liberty.

• Plus1 1

8 minutes ago, Cdog923 said:

They've already started:

Just a guess...but they probably don't think about it at all.  I can't imagine many players on the team know who Ron Brown is or give a rats ass about what he thinks about any topic.  I just can't picture a gay player reading that Ron Brown is coming to NU in a position where he might meet with the players 10 times a year (if that) and thinking "I better do a quick background check on this guy"

Also, who ages less...Ron Brown or Rob Lowe?

• Plus1 2