Ron Brown Returns to Nebraska as Director of Player Development

7 minutes ago, TAKODA said:

I recognize that this thread touches on accepting people for what they are (diversity), but I draw a line in the sand when people like you start making fun of Obese people. Knapp and Maverick have feelings, just like the rest of us. Please refrain from insensitive postings. jk, carry on! By the way, I have a few extra pounds I could shed myself. 

tenor.gif

No its ok, I am chunky so i can call other people heavyweights and its ok.

• Plus1 1
23 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Ha...I am west of that and trust me, the value right now is insane.

Tell me about it. We've lived in our house almost 6 years, and the number of houses that have gone on the market and sell in the same day in our neighborhood is above 30. 

13 minutes ago, Cdog923 said:

Tell me about it. We've lived in our house almost 6 years, and the number of houses that have gone on the market and sell in the same day in our neighborhood is above 30. 

I got lucky and bought mine as a short sale...and I almost hit the banks magic number on the nose...all in all in 7 years in my house I could sell it for almost 90% more than what I paid for it...And like your neighborhood houses in mine don't stay on the market for more than about 3 days right now.

3 hours ago, knapplc said:

Regarding this, his address is a matter of public record and could be found by willing parties with about a 30 second search. I don't think that was his intention.

"People" have trouble remembering their passwords and knowing how to get to their favorite web sites if they're not bookmarked.  You or I could find that information easily.  I don't think the general public could.

Are you really going to argue that that's the same as stating it in a well-attended public meeting that is being televised?

• Plus1 1

The irony is Brown is now being judged for judging......Has the guy ever had a complaint filed for discrimination?  Intolerance?  Championing free speech only if you agree with me....That's called intolerance regardless how "noble the intent".  

IMHO, he appears to be a solid guy.  Well respected.  Remember all the talk about RB and his religious beliefs dealing with AA.....

https://omaha.com/huskers/football/how-ameer-abdullah-and-ron-brown-developed-a-relationship-and/article_fca850b8-a0f9-5fc2-9865-27c933cf3441.html

And who can ever forget Penn State...

I'll take his actions, but that's just me........

• Plus1 8

6 hours ago, HuskermanMike said:

Not sure if I should say this but I assumed this would happen. Could we possibly move some of the talks on Coach Browns beliefs to P&R and keep this discussion here strictly to football? 

This man has impacted so many peoples lives and has done a number of great things for Nebraska football. I believe we should all welcome him back and trust coach Frost here as to why he brought him back. It also gives us a great option to bring him back in a coaching role in the future should Walters or Beckton leave. 

I know a lot of fans and citizens weren't fond of what he did, regardless of whether it is a mountain or molehill.  What I'd be interested in is seeing a T-chart of those players who have felt offended by his beliefs and actions on one side, and a list of players who praise him for his contribution to their lives on the other.  I think that graph would be very one sided.  But like everything else, this is just my opinion.  And this brings up a question.  Do the coaches coach for the players, or for the fans?  I really don't know.

2 hours ago, Mavric said:

"People" have trouble remembering their passwords and knowing how to get to their favorite web sites if they're not bookmarked.  You or I could find that information easily.  I don't think the general public could.

Are you really going to argue that that's the same as stating it in a well-attended public meeting that is being televised?

What does a few people forgetting passwords have to do with publicly accessible records? You can go down to the Assessor's office in person if you can't use the internet. Ron Brown didn't give Memorial Stadium's address as his own because of any of this.

I sincerely DO NOT like this hire.  I think Coach Frost could have done much, much better.

And all I am going to say about this topic is this:

Ron Brown's stance that he's simply against LBGTQIA people because it is a "sin" against god is ludicrous.  You know what's also a "sin", an "abomination" and "disgusting" to god?  

*Eating pork, rabbit, and anything in the water that doesn't have fins and scales: shrimp, clams, mussels, lobster, crawfish, etc.

*Wearing mixed fabric clothing

*Shaving your head (Leviticus 19:27)

I'd love to tell Ron Brown where he can put his selective "I'm against ____ because it is against god's will" thinking.  Because if he was consistent, he'd be anti a lot more than just LBGTQIA.

/statement

As I said, I don't like this hire, but there's nothing I can do about it, so... :snacks:

• Plus1 4

It's pretty obvious he gave the address in order to use his position at the university to help make his point or at the very least as a point of pride. It's also obvious the letter from the university was penned to distance itself from his statements. It's pretty surprising this is being argued. I understand arguing that it's not a big deal or that it doesn't matter now. I think Liberty was the right place for him but I'm not terribly concerned.

• Plus1 3