Ron Brown Returns to Nebraska as Director of Player Development

5 minutes ago, Husker_Bohunk said:

I didn't say it. Ron did.

And if I gave my personal opinion on this it would get moved to the P&R forum.

There is already a thread in P&R that was directly taken from this thread. Should go over there and continue the discussion. Civil rights is always a worthy topic.

2 minutes ago, Husker_Bohunk said:

I'll respectfully decline. I already participate in P&R discussions on another board and I come here for talk about the Huskers. I really don't want to know your P&R opinions and I don't want to give mine either. That's not meant to be offensive or a dig in any way I just don't want the revelations I would find in the P&R forum to color my opinions and statements here. And as a human being who is prone to failures from time  to time, I'd just as soon avoid it altogether. No offense.  :)

I can respect that. Peace.

* Me, at home this morning.  Going to make breakfast.*

* Power goes out *

"Awww, man! How am I gonna fry these eggs now???" (All electric stove)

*Deep thinking intensifies*

*Whip out phone, bring up Ron Brown thread on Huskerboard.  Place pan on phone*

*Sizzling commences*

• Plus1 6
4 minutes ago, El Straino said:

* Power goes out *

*Sizzling commences*

Over easy or sunny side up? 

18 minutes ago, Cdog923 said:

Over easy or sunny side up? 

24 minutes ago, El Straino said:

* Power goes out *

*Sizzling commences*

Just like an egg, sometimes what’s inside a thread isn’t apparent until ______!

7482e3a07f7a0a91a86b92ee0f4a3719.gif

• Plus1 2

2 hours ago, Husker_Bohunk said:

In the video Ron Brown states he is not for special protections for anyone because he feels that it leaves others unprotected. I don't see that as being proactively against civil rights.

In a way, I agree with Ron, we shouldn't need laws to tell us to do the right thing, like treating everyone you meet with the same amount of dignity and respect you (not you personally) would like to be treated with. That is my goal every day and sure, there's times I fail in that endeavor but when I fail, I pick myself back up and try again.

I mean, tens of thousands of years of documented human history points pretty convincingly towards the thought that we very much do need laws to tell us to do the right thing. 

As to your first sentence, it might not be proactively against civil rights, but it's at least just... complete nonsense.

2 hours ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

I don't think this is a nostalgia hire. Scott Frost is putting together people he knows and trusts, with extra points of they understand the Nebraska landscape.

When Scott Frost is a former quarterback from the glory days, is there any difference between that and a nostalgia hire? They seem like the same thing to me.

• Plus1 2
6 minutes ago, Landlord said:

When Scott Frost is a former quarterback from the glory days, is there any difference between that and a nostalgia hire? They seem like the same thing to me.

Four years ago it would have been a nostalgia hire.

This year, Scott Frost is the hottest coach in college football. 

That's the difference. 

That and the $3 million more he'll be getting each year.

• Plus1 2
8 hours ago, Saunders said:

Ron Brown developed some damn fine football players while at NU. Hell, just look at the RB's he developed under Bo (Roy, Rex, Ameer), and look at what's happened since then. If some of that teaching/coaching can translate over, it will help overcome the debacle of the last 3 years sooner.

Wasn't he coaching tightends when roy and rex were here? Pretty sure Beck was still coaching rb for part of that.

This is a weird hire to me. An off the field position that otherwise wouldn't get any attention heck i didn't even know james rogers held that position. It would seem to me you could have found a person who is a good mentor that could have filled this position without brown's baggage. 

It's the first head scratching thing Moos or frost has done foe me. Just seems like something you would do to try to get good will from the older fans but frost is already as popular as possible. Just seems unnecessary.

• Plus1 2
1 hour ago, LumberJackSker said:

This is a weird hire to me. An off the field position that otherwise wouldn't get any attention heck i didn't even know james rogers held that position. It would seem to me you could have found a person who is a good mentor that could have filled this position without brown's baggage. 

It's the first head scratching thing Moos or frost has done foe me. Just seems like something you would do to try to get good will from the older fans but frost is already as popular as possible. Just seems unnecessary.

I kind of agree with you, but then again, the amount of blowback from it is a very, very, very small sentiment almost but not entirely exclusively reserved for the tiny fraction of our fanbase who spends time on sports messageboards.

• Plus1 2
26 minutes ago, Landlord said:

I kind of agree with you, but then again, the amount of blowback from it is a very, very, very small sentiment almost but not entirely exclusively reserved for the tiny fraction of our fanbase who spends time on sports messageboards.

I agree there will be little to no blowback by this hire unless he says something publicly again. But it has made nation sports news and with big ten media days coming up the hire and the timing of the hire just don't make much sense.