Jordy Leaving Nebraska

On 7/20/2018 at 6:15 AM, teachercd said:

I think this is a good thing.  

2.  This SHOULD force Miles to play up and down, fast and aggressive.  I think the Skers will win a lot of games with that style.

Tim has had the personnel every year to go uptempo (even has proof on tape of this squad arguably playing at its best when doing so)and hasn’t.  What makes you think he’d do it now???

5 hours ago, PaulCrewe said:

Tim has had the personnel every year to go uptempo (even has proof on tape of this squad arguably playing at its best when doing so)and hasn’t.  What makes you think he’d do it now???

I don't think he will...I think that is what he should do.  Especially this year since it should work for him, I think it will hurt Copeland to play fast but that is something you deal with.  

On 7/22/2018 at 8:23 PM, teachercd said:

I don't think he will...I think that is what he should do.  Especially this year since it should work for him, I think it will hurt Copeland to play fast but that is something you deal with.  

Been screaming for him to do it for years.  Refuses to do it unless he’s getting spanked in the closing minutes and as stated before the team usually responds very well when playing that style.  Any kind of a trap, full court, 3/4, half whatever would be great with his all wing player rosters

• Plus1 2

On 7/24/2018 at 5:52 PM, teachercd said:

The issue that this team will have is who ends up being the alpha...Palmer will think it is him even though Roby is the best player on the team...but Watson is the PG.  So in crunch time who will be the man.

I just don’t see how Roby can be best player on the team when they have to play him out of position and rack up fouls.

Im glad Jordy left, but this hurts the teams ability to exploit Roby’s talent.

4 minutes ago, gobiggergoredder said:

I just don’t see how Roby can be best player on the team when they have to play him out of position and rack up fouls.

Im glad Jordy left, but this hurts the teams ability to exploit Roby’s talent.

Yeah, that is a good point...I really didn't think of it that way.  Maybe more zone?  

On 7/24/2018 at 5:52 PM, teachercd said:

The issue that this team will have is who ends up being the alpha...Palmer will think it is him even though Roby is the best player on the team...but Watson is the PG.  So in crunch time who will be the man.

Palmer was basically the point guard in big situations last year and Watson struggled without the ball in his hand.

I dont think Roby is aggressive enough to be better than Palmer. Palmer was fairly consistent last year at being a difference maker. Roby was REALLY good when he was on but also would disappear at times. Roby got better near the end of the season, so hopefully that carries over.

Lets not forget last years numbers. 

Palmer 17.2 PPG/ 4.4 RPG 3.0 APG

Roby 8.7 PPG/ 6.3 RPG/ 2.0 BPG

• Plus1 2
1 hour ago, Minnesota_husker said:

Palmer was basically the point guard in big situations last year and Watson struggled without the ball in his hand.

I dont think Roby is aggressive enough to be better than Palmer. Palmer was fairly consistent last year at being a difference maker. Roby was REALLY good when he was on but also would disappear at times. Roby got better near the end of the season, so hopefully that carries over.

Lets not forget last years numbers. 

Palmer 17.2 PPG/ 4.4 RPG 3.0 APG

Roby 8.7 PPG/ 6.3 RPG/ 2.0 BPG

I'm guessing that one of the things that the NBA people told Roby is that he needs to be more aggressive.  If you looked at "usage" I'm sure Roby would be the better player & I know that Roby's ceiling is higher than Palmer's.

• Plus1 1
22 minutes ago, ECisGod said:

I'm guessing that one of the things that the NBA people told Roby is that he needs to be more aggressive.  If you looked at "usage" I'm sure Roby would be the better player & I know that Roby's ceiling is higher than Palmer's.

That is a fair point. I certainly think that Roby has the higher ceiling in the NBA but if we look at importance to this team, ill take Palmer.

Roby was greatly improved the last 10 games of the season last year and I think his confidence is growing as his body grows. The dude is becoming ripped and isnt easily pushed around.

If we can play as a team this year, the idea of having Roby/Copeland/Palmer playing at high levels is very exciting. We need Watson to learn his role and if we can do that, we will live up to pre-season expectations. 

• Plus1 1

Interesting language from Tim:

“The timing of (Tshimanga’s) decision was very disappointing to me because obviously it puts us in a big bind,” Miles said. “If (transferring) was the intent all along, just let us know, right? We’re not going to stop anybody from transferring.

“We’re just going to do the best we can to see what we can do to recover and go from there. It is probably a small chunk of minutes out of our rotation, but at the same time, we’ve got enough versatile guys that I think it’s not a crippling loss.”