Huskers And The 2019 NFL Draft

8 minutes ago, Mavric said:

7 RBs taken.  Ozigbo now the #23 best RB available according to ESPN. 

Last year there were 8 RBs taken in the first three rounds and 22 total.  That doesn't bode well.

13 WRs taken.  Morgan now the #30 best WR available according to ESPN.

Last year there were 10 WRs taken in the first three rounds and 33 total.  Not looking great there either.

It only takes one team.  And we have a bit of an in with the Vikings GM.

But we might prepare ourselves for our streak of having a player drafted coming to an end.

What a pity that would be. At least Billy C. recruited well. 

9 hours ago, Mavric said:

Ozigbo is the 212th best player still available according to ESPN.

Morgan is the 220th.

There are 152 picks left in the draft.

I might be a delusional fan, but I thought Morgan had a shot for sure....Oz would be a steal IMHO.  I also know that NFL drafts do not guarantee that a college team was/will have success, but NU's continued downward draft spiral does seem to correspond with pretty crappy  records..........Seems to add some validity to the old talent debate and the "look at them look at us" arguments......

• Plus1 3
  • Fire 1
13 hours ago, Mavric said:

Ozigbo is the 212th best player still available according to ESPN.

Morgan is the 220th.

There are 152 picks left in the draft.

Oz is bigger and faster than Rex B. Someone should take a chance on him in a late round. How does a back with no O-lineman drafted (maybe Farmer, but no one else has a shot) that gains over 1000 yards and averages 7 ypc not get drafted?  He didn't get 7 ypc because he was running behind a great line. Some of the other backs drafted are running behind 1st and 2nd round picks.

I also think Farmer's vertical and bench press stats should get him drafted.

From a players perspective, maybe its better if Farmer and Oz are not drafted. Then they can pick an organization where they will have a good fit. In any case, you cannot expect to win when every year the message board is discussing if any players might get select in the last couple of rounds. 

1 hour ago, MyBloodIsRed16 said:

I feel like guys who go later in the draft normally end up on better teams who are willing to take a chance on guys like Morgan or Ozigbo 

9 minutes ago, MyBloodIsRed16 said:

I'm sure if you asked Tom Brady if he could go back and be picked early in the 1st round by the Browns or in the 7th by the Pats I think he would stick with the pats 

Ummm. Getting picked in later rounds of the draft doesn’t mean you get a better team. He could have been picked by the Browns in 6th round just as easily as he was by the Patriots 

• Plus1 2

6 minutes ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

How has Morgan not been drafted? At the combine he was one of the smoothest and cleanest route runners I watched. 

Has a history with drops, and not a burner. 

Lots of really good wr in CFB. Emanuel Hall has not been picked and he has a higher upside than Stan.  Hope Stan finds a team and catches on In The league.  He has the right attitude. 

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1