Huskers And The 2019 NFL Draft

37 minutes ago, huskersrule95 said:

Ummm. Getting picked in later rounds of the draft doesn’t mean you get a better team. He could have been picked by the Browns in 6th round just as easily as he was by the Patriots 

I understand that.  But bad teams usually don't have the luxury of picking "unproven" commodities or fliers if you will.  They probably want something close to a sure thing.  They might just take the next best available instead of the 1st 1000 yard rec out of Nebraska 

5 minutes ago, MyBloodIsRed16 said:

I understand that.  But bad teams usually don't have the luxury of picking "unproven" commodities or fliers if you will.  They probably want something close to a sure thing.  They might just take the next best available instead of the 1st 1000 yard rec out of Nebraska 

By the 6th- 7th round it’s usually a crapshoot anyways and most aren’t gonna make an impact so everyone is picking anyone that don’t want to have to fight for in free agency. They are pretty much all “unproven fliers or commodities now.”

3 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

I didn't do the math but most of Riley's recruits haven't gone through the draft, and I'd wager they'll do ok since they have better coaching now.

Non redshirt seniors are the class that bo started and Riley finished. Riley could have recruited a junior that left early

2 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Non redshirt seniors are the class that bo started and Riley finished. Riley could have recruited a junior that left early

Regardless of the kids Pelini brought in, there’s no doubt that the “coaching” Riley provided was abysmal.. It was so bad they completely shut down the AAF because of it

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 2