Huskers And The 2019 NFL Draft

6 minutes ago, Throw Dem Bones said:

Regardless of the kids Pelini brought in, there’s no doubt that the “coaching” Riley provided was abysmal.. It was so bad they completely shut down the AAF because of it

Yep. I think it's pretty obvious that the development was pathetic

• Plus1 3

Luckily all of the best prospects for pro on our team.

JD is a better prospect than Stan.  Huge games against our top opponents.  Very quick and diverse skilll set. Can return

Jamies- will be a first 2/3 rounds pick

barry- later rounds pickup. 

AM- has 2 more years but will be picked up before Saturday. 

Just now, BoSolich said:

pretty sad how far we've fallen. this upcoming season is going to be one of the most crucial seasons for the future of the program. another losing season would be devastating.

Not sure I get this logic. 2019 isn't a make-or-break year for the program. We have coaches who've proven themselves at this level and we have better recruits coming in and weight programs than we've had the past ten years. If we have a couple-three fluke losses and end up with a losing season, that doesn't do anything to make these coaches get bad, the players to get lazy, or the future to look less bright.

I don't think we have to worry about a losing season. 7-6, 8-5 are real possibilities. But after that? It's looking way up.

• Plus1 1

Maybe it’s my fandom but I honestly thought at least one of ozigbo or Morgan would be drafted, if not both.  And I’m obviously no nfl scout but they seemed like nfl guys to me.  Are they really not good enough or are they more a product of the overall team the last couple seasons?

• Plus1 1

15 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Not sure I get this logic. 2019 isn't a make-or-break year for the program. We have coaches who've proven themselves at this level and we have better recruits coming in and weight programs than we've had the past ten years. If we have a couple-three fluke losses and end up with a losing season, that doesn't do anything to make these coaches get bad, the players to get lazy, or the future to look less bright.

I don't think we have to worry about a losing season. 7-6, 8-5 are real possibilities. But after that? It's looking way up.

everything is lined up for us to win 7+ games which is why i'm saying it would be devastating to have a losing season.