2019 JUCO SG Jervay Green [Nebraska- Signed LOI]

• 2 weeks later...

11 minutes ago, SUHperman said:

I was super concerned about all the guys we were losing after this year but we certainly have some talent coming in.

Jervay Green(6'3) and Dachon Burke(6'4) will both help at the guard position. Thomas Allen should be back. Probably run with those 3 guys or potentially Amir Harris as well. 

The other two spots is where I have a question. I doubt Brady is ready to start off the bat. Karrington Davis will be coming off an injury. Probably stay undersized with Nana Akenten. I get Roby is technically only a JR this year but I would be shocked if he comes back.

Akol Arop(6'5) probably wont be ready to play meaningful minutes and I think Mika Adams-woods(6'3) will be pushed back just because of the guys in front of him.

Just concerned about size for next year. 

50 minutes ago, Minnesota_husker said:

I was super concerned about all the guys we were losing after this year but we certainly have some talent coming in.

Jervay Green(6'3) and Dachon Burke(6'4) will both help at the guard position. Thomas Allen should be back. Probably run with those 3 guys or potentially Amir Harris as well. 

The other two spots is where I have a question. I doubt Brady is ready to start off the bat. Karrington Davis will be coming off an injury. Probably stay undersized with Nana Akenten. I get Roby is technically only a JR this year but I would be shocked if he comes back.

Akol Arop(6'5) probably wont be ready to play meaningful minutes and I think Mika Adams-woods(6'3) will be pushed back just because of the guys in front of him.

Just concerned about size for next year. 

Where do you see Roby going?

3 minutes ago, The Murphinator said:

We have plenty of guards, but the fact that Miles refuses to recruit an actual big (6'10" or above) baffles me. I know he got Heiman, but I am talking about a big who can actually contribute from year one and be a force down low.

This is my biggest complaint about miles other than not running an offense. We have been crushed in the paint for his entire tenure here. I know quality big guys don’t grow on trees but I haven’t even seen him pursue many. He seems content on just signing gaurds which won’t work in the big ten. 

2 hours ago, SUHperman said:

This is my biggest complaint about miles other than not running an offense. We have been crushed in the paint for his entire tenure here. I know quality big guys don’t grow on trees but I haven’t even seen him pursue many. He seems content on just signing gaurds which won’t work in the big ten. 

I think he is afraid to develop.  It seems like we have at least 1 schillie not used every year.  He could got a big guy to develop.

2 hours ago, SUHperman said:

This is my biggest complaint about miles other than not running an offense. We have been crushed in the paint for his entire tenure here. I know quality big guys don’t grow on trees but I haven’t even seen him pursue many. He seems content on just signing guards which won’t work in the big ten. 

Not only that but at least find me a few 6'7 guys who can get boards. We only sign slashers or big guys who want to play outside. I get we ideally want to run but need to find guys who want to find the ball and can box someone out. 

• Mavric unpinned this topic