Frost at B1G Media Days

Guys, I've got a mancrush on Frost. Has he given anything short of a perfect, honest answer since the day he was hired?  And he has a pretty good sense of humor too. I liked his answer about Matt Davidson and then the comment about a few right turns at Albuquerque. He completes me :lol:

• Plus1 2

How can you not sit back in bask in the glorious honesty and no BS answers.  Amazingly refreshing to not hear coach speak, but a no BS assessment of where the program was, is and will be in the future.  I can only imagine how motivating he and this staff can be behind closed doors.  Comes across as an "old soul". Wise and experienced beyond his eras.  I like he isn't pulling punches either ie get your shots in now....

@Mavric Thanks for posting

Just watched Frost interviewed on BTN.  It was great hearing him talk about things like blackshirts, walk-ons, S&C, nutrition... etc. He is the first (post Solich) coach that I get the feeling he is giving more than lip service to them.  I think we are very fortunate to have a coach that has first hand knowledge of what made Nebraska FB great and understands Nebraska culture.  Given the uniqueness of our program, having that knowledge is important to be able to analyze what is wrong and what needs to change.  Frost seems very confident that he can bring Nebraska back.  Love the attitude and it's going to be strange if we become contenders again.

2 hours ago, Making Chimichangas said:

Coach Frost also hit the proverbial nail on the head with the "praise and blame" comment.  QBs get all the praise when things are going well and all the blame when they're not.  Might not be fair, but that's the way it is.

It's great to see this pragmatic approach by Frost and his staff. This feels like the first staff in a long time that understands what it means to coach/play at a big time football obsessed university. Some of the past staffs seemed to only want the support, exposure and such without understanding what goes with that. There are downsides to coaching/playing at such an institution and it's best to be aware of it.

Just another example of how Frost gets it. He's showing again today why he's on his way to becoming a fantastic head coach.

• Plus1 1

One of Frost's greatest qualities is his ability to separate the fanaticism from college football. Jason Peter will be the first to tell you that he, and a lot of other players, absolutely punished Frost emotionally and physically when he returned to Nebraska. They did everything in their power to make him quit the program.

He didn't.

Frost also experienced the highest of highs, and some pretty low lows, as Nebraska's quarterback. He felt fury and love in a short time frame.

He still loves the people of this state and the program.

That's the kind of personality I believe all coaches should aspire to have. You have to put aside the two ends of the spectrum ('fans are great' and 'it's us against the world') and appreciate the middle ground. I also believe these are the makings of a mentally tough football team... one that understands fanaticism and finds a way to thrive in it.

• Plus1 1

17 hours ago, 4skers89 said:

Just watched Frost interviewed on BTN.  It was great hearing him talk about things like blackshirts, walk-ons, S&C, nutrition... etc. He is the first (post Solich) coach that I get the feeling he is giving more than lip service to them.  I think we are very fortunate to have a coach that has first hand knowledge of what made Nebraska FB great and understands Nebraska culture.  Given the uniqueness of our program, having that knowledge is important to be able to analyze what is wrong and what needs to change.  Frost seems very confident that he can bring Nebraska back.  Love the attitude and it's going to be strange if we become contenders again.

I watched that also. College football needs Nebraska back plain and simple. And for years we have endured teams that showed glimpses, but were a far cry from what we are used too. II am certainly not trying to relive the glory days. Just dont get blown out for christ sake. The fact that I even said that last sentence is what I am talking about. Blown out? Really? 

He will go to the small towns in Nebraska and reconnect. He will get the walkons and fire back up the walkon program. He will get them back going.....not saying natty's, but Nebraska will be very dangerous in the very near future.