Ohio State Domestic Violence Saga

Urban Meyer's Future  

103 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

7 minutes ago, sho said:

It was a comment said with sarcasm because Jaws was implying a background check prevents this.   I was saying the only thing the background check prevents is the wild speculation of should he be fired or not or did Urb know or not.  It doesn't prevent Urb from covering it up and being a lying POS.

Gotcha.  Didn't pick up on the sarcasm element.

3 minutes ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

I believe it to be completely impossible that Urban didnt know of each incident. 

There's a text message on Brett's page from his wife to Zach's wife stating something like "He just doesn't know what to do about all this".  Urban, and most of the staff, knew of each incident, and had pics sent to the wives to show how bad it was.  Urbs is a lying POS.

• Plus1 1
7 minutes ago, sho said:

There's a text message on Brett's page from his wife to Zach's wife stating something like "He just doesn't know what to do about all this".  Urban, and most of the staff, knew of each incident, and had pics sent to the wives to show how bad it was.  Urbs is a lying POS.

Thats why I'm getting a kick out of the mass denial all over social media "no direct proof" etc. His freaking wife as well as his director of operations wife both make mention of "he" in the context of Urban Meyer. It's in black and white. Urban has never been a clean program kind of guy. 

• Plus1 3
57 minutes ago, Minnesota_husker said:

The trickle down affect would be crazy if they did.

Ohio State is a big time job and so whoever takes it over will either: A) Leave a current team right before the season starts or B)be an unemployed big name coach who will poach position coaches from other schools.

Now at the App store

image.png.afdef0fbe83b54c9a4403bfc029e93af.png

The Buckeye HC App

Who needs a coaching staff when you, the fans, obviously know more about football than those coaches with multi-million dollar salaries!  Here is your chance for the 2018 season to call the plays!  Offense, defense, special teams.  The second string QB is obviously better than the starter, we all know that.  Base defense, schmase defense - ITS BLITZ TIME BABY!  Who cares about time management when you can throw a Hail Mary on the very first play? 

The highest vote count play gets relayed to an able body of student managers to signal to the team.  Don't worry about those bothersome Russians hacking into the system when they (along with the opponents fans) have free access to the app for $1.99.

28 minutes ago, sho said:

In truth, that's from a woman named Lyndsey saying that Shelley told Urban and he didn't know what he thinks, we don't actually see a text from Shelley saying that.

15 minutes ago, HuskerInLostWages said:

In truth, that's from a woman named Lyndsey saying that Shelley told Urban and he didn't know what he thinks, we don't actually see a text from Shelley saying that.

Ahh, thank you.  I should have read the header name closer.   Is Lyndsey an assistant coach wife?

On 8/2/2018 at 9:44 AM, Moiraine said:

He had something in 2009 which Meyer already knew about, and if I had to guess they would’ve let him hire him anyway.

Smith is Earl Bruce's grandson. I'm sure there was no issue with hiring him. Courtney Smith claims she was pressured into dropping the abuse charges in 2009 by a relative of Earl Bruce and Urban Meyer's life coach. Also, it's not like there is any history of local police in big time college towns buying brooms and rugs in bulk due to all the sweeping of misdeeds by temporary local heroes. 

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

You mean Lyndsey the wife of the director of football operations? 

I don't remember whose wife she is, but yeah maybe.  Lyndsey is the one in the texts saying that Urban didn't know what to believe, I have never seen an actual text from Shelley actually typing a message stating that Urban didn't know what to believe.

1 minute ago, jaws said:

I doubt this happens but his college teammate was just hired by OSU a few months ago.

Poor Cyclones about to get poached. 

12 minutes ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

You mean Lyndsey the wife of the director of football operations? 

Clearly this is appearing to be systemic, just like it appeared at Penn State.

I believe they are just finding the proper way to fire him with cause to avoid severance. Unless McMurphy can be proven to have made it up, you cannot continue to employ this man. He knew at Florida in 2009 there were already issues/red flags with Zach Smith and did nothing because he could recruit.

If they are going to attempt to keep him, they are fools and will have a University wide problem on their hands then.

Especially with something like this right through the front door:

Screenshot_20180802-101943_Chrome.thumb.jpg.4ca5b7a86b9d7d7226d88481d54ea163.jpg

• Plus1 3
16 minutes ago, HuskerInLostWages said:

I don't remember whose wife she is, but yeah maybe.  Lyndsey is the one in the texts saying that Urban didn't know what to believe, I have never seen an actual text from Shelley actually typing a message stating that Urban didn't know what to believe.

Poor Cyclones about to get poached. 

Four notable ISU poached coaches: Johnny Majors to Pitt and Tennessee, Chizik who got the MNC at Auburn (not really poached, more like swapped), someone named Pop Warner, and, wait for it, Earle Bruce, who went to Ohio State, who is related to ...