seaofred92

Ohio State Domestic Violence Saga

Urban Meyer's Future  

99 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Does this fall under Title IX?  Can the feds investigate this, and not just rely on OSU's version of events?   If so, then I think things get a heck of a lot stickier for the Meyer's family and a lot of the coaches on that staff.

14 minutes ago, sho said:

Does this fall under Title IX?  Can the feds investigate this, and not just rely on OSU's version of events?   If so, then I think things get a heck of a lot stickier for the Meyer's family and a lot of the coaches on that staff.

The independent investigation had to do with OSU's policies and Meyer's contractual obligations, which are different than (but similar to) federal guidance under Title IX. Someone can file a Title IX lawsuit, and then the resulting investigation would review whether or not OSU was in compliance with the federal guidance, but someone would have to file the suit first.

I'm not sure if any of the parties in this case would be inclined to file suit (Courtney Smith? She's got the divorce and other stuff going on, not sure what she would have to gain from a Title IX lawsuit), but an advocacy group such as FIRE or ACLU might.

I felt the “independent” council was there as window dressing to resolve the issue quickly to make it go away.  If anything else comes from it they can push it to the off season where they have a better chance to get a coach they want if they have to part ways with Urb.

“Laura and Colleen need four hours with your phone”

Perfectly normal. Nothing to see here, folks.

• Plus1 4

On 8/26/2018 at 11:51 PM, Notre Dame Joe said:

IIRC the "independent" investigation was handled by Ohio State Board members, who cut a $50000 no bid contract to a certain law firm. Baylor should be taking notes. 

Oh...Baylor is *way* ahead of the curve compared to THE Ohio State University:

https://deadspin.com/report-baylor-secretly-infiltrated-sexual-assault-surv-1828636656

According to a report from PR Week, Baylor officials placed a mole within several support groups for sexual assault survivors as a way to control their messaging and keep the university from looking bad.

Yeah, Baylor is the trendsetter here. Fine, upstanding Christian values, that school's AD has. :facepalm:

• Plus1 2

17 hours ago, knapplc said:

“Laura and Colleen need four hours with your phone”

Perfectly normal. Nothing to see here, folks.

I guess this is normal. It doesn't account for any missing text messages. 

BTW, Zac Smith should do himself a favor and stay off twitter. He isn't helping anyone at this point. 

• Plus1 1

That Feldman tweet doesn't explain why there were no texts older than a year on Meyer's phone. Unless it's a new phone, that should make anyone suspicious.

• Plus1 2

9 hours ago, schriznoeder said:

I applaud this guy.

This seems like kind of a big deal

20 minutes ago, The Murphinator said:

I can't believe UM's doubling down on "I did not lie at Big Ten Media Days". Does he know he was recorded?

• Plus1 1

3 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

I can't believe UM's doubling down on "I did not lie at Big Ten Media Days". Does he know he was recorded?

Remember he can't remember anything except for when he is coaching. I can't believe he is still talking. 

• Plus1 4

8 hours ago, The Murphinator said:

I thought he already apologized for lying about the thing he’s now saying he didn’t lie about.

• Plus1 1

On 8/24/2018 at 8:19 PM, Dbqgolfer said:

After reading all of the comments here about OSU and Urban Meyer, seems to me that many have forgotten that we currently have a head coach who, while in college, hid in a closet while a teammate beat the hell out of his girl friend, and this same coach recently invited a former Husker back to talk to the football team; a former player was who convicted of sexual assault while playing football for the Huskers. 

I only bring this up because it seems that all of this rightous  indignation seem a little over the top.

Nice, responsible posting :facepalm:

Two or three people have pointed out the errors and falsehoods in this ridiculous post yet you ignore it, take no responsibility for the crap you posted and you haven’t corrected it or admitted you were wrong. I have no idea why you brought any of this up because it’s a load of horsesh#t and has nothing to do with any righteous indignation that may or may not being expressed in this topic. If you believe what you posted you don’t know jack about what your talking about.

• Plus1 3

12 hours ago, JJ Husker said:

Nice, responsible posting :facepalm:

Two or three people have pointed out the errors and falsehoods in this ridiculous post yet you ignore it, take no responsibility for the crap you posted and you haven’t corrected it or admitted you were wrong. I have no idea why you brought any of this up because it’s a load of horsesh#t and has nothing to do with any righteous indignation that may or may not being expressed in this topic. If you believe what you posted you don’t know jack about what your talking about.

i was wrong

• Plus1 1

On 9/5/2018 at 10:52 AM, Dbqgolfer said:

i was wrong

Thank you. Sorry for ripping on you. It just seemed like maybe you were leaving it hang that way on purpose.

+1

• Plus1 1

Thought I had heard that UM was back at practice this week.  Which would be stupid for a suspension.  Any truth to that, or did I hear incorrectly during the OSU telecast slaughter last Saturday?

9 minutes ago, admo said:

Thought I had heard that UM was back at practice this week.  Which would be stupid for a suspension.  Any truth to that, or did I hear incorrectly during the OSU telecast slaughter last Saturday?

He was suspended through their first game.  For these next two weeks, he can be at practice all week but he can't coach during the games.

• Thanks 1

On 9/7/2018 at 9:38 AM, Mavric said:

He was suspended through their first game.  For these next two weeks, he can be at practice all week but he can't coach during the games.

Ok thanks.  Doesn't sound like a full suspension so much.  Game planning all week and with the players & coaches, but just can't be on the sideline during the games.  Gotcha

What is Urban Meyer doing still commenting on this :facepalm: His little interview on ESPN Gameday......what a lying POS. How stupid does he think people are?

• Plus1 2

So Smith is mad because Herman's wife told his wife about cheating so now Smith is telling Herman's wife about how Herman cheated?  What is wrong with these people?

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, 4skers89 said:

So Smith is mad because Herman's wife told his wife about cheating so now Smith is telling Herman's wife about how Herman cheated?  What is wrong with these people?

They're white trash

Even apart from whatever did or didn't happen with the domestic issues.....

Who the f#&% wants to even be around a guy with this kind of attitude?  I mean, it can't be that he's gone off the deep end in the last couple months.  Personalities like this don't just show up all of the sudden.

Guy is a world-class a$$h@!e.  Yet Urban kept stringing him along until he was forced to get rid of him.

• Plus1 2

Report: Urban Meyer hid racial spat between Zach Smith, player

https://247sports.com/Article/Ohio-State-Urban-Meyer-Zach-Smith-Racial-spat-hidden-between-assistant-Trevon-Grimes-124672847/

"Trevon told his father he got into an altercation with Ohio State wide receivers coach Zach Smith at practice. LeBron Grimes said his son told him that “Zach got up in his face and called him a ‘bitch a$$ n – – – – -’ and said, ‘I should have never recruited you.’ And then Trevon said something to Zach about him messing around with college girls.”

I am not going to defend Zac Smith but I am not really sure what Brett is trying to do with this story. 

https://www.elevenwarriors.com/ohio-state-football/2018/11/98822/ohio-state-players-dispute-claim-that-zach-smith-used-a-racial-slur-in-an-altercation-with-former-wide-receiver

5 minutes ago, jaws said:

Could it be retaliation for Zach exposing his source?

Just now, Crusader Husker said:

Could it be retaliation for Zach exposing his source?

Maybe so, but if that is the case, I don't see why he would write something like this about Trevon and his mom. 

12 minutes ago, jaws said:

Zac Smith is an awful human but it does seem like Brett has a personal vendetta against him.

That being said, I think initially Brett was just being a journalist. After he did his job Smith tried to come after him and so that is probably when it became more personal for Brett or more like "Ok, you want to play games, lets play games."

The whole thing just makes me feel bad for the Smith kids. Two crazy parents who are using them as pawns in their chess match.

This latest allegation involving Grimes is very odd.  Second hand reports, Trevon Grimes tells his father but now Trevon has no comment. Then you got Urban and Tate Martell visiting Trevon’s parents because the mother is sick. This story could also blow up if some coverup happened.