Ohio State Domestic Violence Saga

Urban Meyer's Future  

103 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

58 minutes ago, HuskerNBigD said:

Nah. I think administrative leave is similar to the Art Briles situation in the sense that Ohio State’s legal team is combing through the contract to determine a way to fire him with cause and get out of paying any sort of severance. You have to remember he just signed a contact extension through 2023, I believe. McMurphy still has a lot of ammo in the form of additional texts and photos, so it’ll only get messier if Ohio state tries to play it off. 

I agree. There is one big piece of evidence playing against him and one unlikelihood. The evidence: his wife's text message to Courtney saying "He (Urban) doesn't know what to think" about the situation. The unlikelihood: that he never once inquired or found out from his wife, any of his assistants/people in the university, or their significant others why Courtney was leaving Zach.

1 hour ago, Husker NoNo said:

Where is Kirk Herbstreit during all of this reporting? 

Was wondering when this would pop up. Some people need to learn to let it go. 

Herbstreit is a great announcer and is typically very objective in his analysis. Not only that, he's a great guy - the way he assists Corso on gameday every since Lee's stroke is absolutely admirable.

• Plus1 2
15 hours ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

Anyone think he survives this? 

I think the question we should be asking at this point is if anyone from the current staff (save the interim HC) survive--to me, the Administrative Leave is the preface to a firing with cause, especially at this time of year. 

5 hours ago, brophog said:

I know this is contrary to popular opinion, and I understand why that opinion exists, but I just don't think Meyer gets fired. I think this administrative leave buys them time to let the fervor subside, they execute an investigation, then he's suspended a game or two as punishment.

No way...not in the current #MeToo environment. tOSU would burn...and considering it's one of the crown jewels of the B1G, I think someone like Delaney would step in and force the issue if need be. This is currently just a bad ordeal for Meyer and tOSU. If tOSU doesn't do the right thing, it quickly becomes an indictment of B1G football and college football, right or wrong. 

• Plus1 2
16 hours ago, jaws said:

I didn't say Urban was off the hook. I said that she should have reported it, which the schools hasn't said if she did or not. Once Urban knew, he should have reported it. 

Maybe I should ask the Title IX lawyers about this during my next training session. 

As a mandated reporter under Title IX / McClury(sp) Act at the local community college (man I can't wait for the 4 hour computer training video) the emphasis has always been on the students and location.  I don't ever remember any situation that wasn't student/student, student/faculty or student/stranger.  And it had to occur on or around campus or school sponsored event location - like a Greek formal always held at a local hotel.  

This and the entire Title IX staff being fired "Now that I think of it, I did report it to the Title IX office.  They were a bunch of incompetents and must have lost the paper work.  They are all fired, remember" maybe he does get his job back?

Jaws - I feel for you while you are at the training session

6 minutes ago, VectorVictor said:

I think the question we should be asking at this point is if anyone from the current staff (save the interim HC) survive--to me, the Administrative Leave is the preface to a firing with cause, especially at this time of year. 

Most likely why they put the assistant hired in 2017 as the interim..  

Just now, VectorVictor said:

Right. But can you realistically fire a whole staff now...?

You wouldn't think so, unless they round up a few coaches that arent coaching on a 1 year stint. No clue it's a mess that Urban and his staff appear to have put themselves in if they didnt report issues.