Excited for the season to start!

I don't remember being this excited for the football season to start in a long time.  Even when we lose this season I am confident we will play hard and won't be hanging our heads on the sideline.  It feels like everything has changed and we are slowly getting back to where we should be.  I'm excited to read about the players, coaches, and even to see what silly alternate uniforms we might be wearing, LOL!

Go Big Red!

• Plus1 5

It's nice to see so many people so energized about the new season.  A lot of us haven't felt that way for a long time. I actually contemplated giving up our seats and throwing that money into Volleyball season tickets. Kinda glad we held out, and I'm sure I'm not the only one thinking that.

How long has it been since there was this much anticipation before a season?  2008? 2010?

• Plus1 6
1 hour ago, knapplc said:

It's nice to see so many people so energized about the new season.  A lot of us haven't felt that way for a long time. I actually contemplated giving up our seats and throwing that money into Volleyball season tickets. Kinda glad we held out, and I'm sure I'm not the only one thinking that.

How long has it been since there was this much anticipation before a season?  2008? 2010?

2010 or 1994.

• Plus1 4

It still doesn't feel real to me.  My fandom has basically been on idle since we fired Bo, I went All In on him, and slowly that devotion turned out to be magic beans.  When we hired Riley I, like mentioned, put on a happy face and tried convincing myself all was well and tried spinning positives on it.

Don't get me wrong, couldn't be happier about where we are and where we're headed.  But my emotions are gun shy after the last to whirlwinds of hope and utter disappointment.  I used to get so mad about losses, by 2016 it literally didn't even matter anymore to me.  When we were 7-0 and things looked good, ya just knew it was going to come CRASHING back down.  And boy did it ever.  Then last year, oye...

I feel like my fandom needs a jump start to get that charge again.  Luckily Scott Frost brought some jumper cables.

• Plus1 4

I am super excited for the 2018 season to get started.  HCSF has re-energized the program, the athletic director, the state of Nebraska, and all the fans across the world.

Where I differ from ya'll is that I was always excited for the season to start, even at the tail end of Bo's tenure and through Mike Riley's .500 pooh show.  I would always convince myself: This is it, this is the year we breakthrough and finally get the program turned around!

And then we'd seemingly inevitably crash and burn.

But this time, it is different.  HCSF is a man of his word.  When he says he's going to do something, he does it.  And to be honest, I have never before heard any coaching staff, at any school, ever before, preach to their players: "No fear of failure."

And one thing I highly suspect, this coaching staff will not tolerate guys loafing and/or giving half effort.  I highly suspect that if any player is foolish enough to attempt to "Nick Gates©" a play/series/game that player will soon find himself on the bench and replaced by someone else who will give the kind of effort they're looking for.  And plus, while Coach Frost is calm about discussing Nebraska being down, as Sipple pointed out in a tweet, clearly Coach Frost is angry about what Nebraska was allowed to slip to and seems hell-bent on rectifying the situation as fast as possible.

That's why I think it is different this time.  Time will ultimately tell, but I am 100% in with this staff and these players.  It is time for them to take all that built up frustration and release it on each one of our opponents. 

• Plus1 3