Favorite Husker Memories

My nephew was born in the Spring of '94; I was 10 years old at the time. My parents and I were at my sister's house for the '95 Orange Bowl, and I would run back and forth from the TV to his crib where he was (supposed to be) sleeping and would give him a little high five every time Nebraska had a good play. If Fitbit was a thing back then, I probably would have logged a couple miles in the 4th quarter alone. 

I'll just focus on games I've been to, to help narrow down the choices!

Most fun? 2008 Nebraska vs. Colorado. It was my freshman year at UNL. I remember being in the south stadium and going absolutely nuts when Henery nailed the 57-yarder. And then, amazingly, finding a way to go even more bonkers when Suh picked off Hawkins and then kneed him in the face on the way to the end zone.
Most satisfying? 2006 Nebraska vs. Texas A&M. Admittedly, I was being the worst fan ever. I had turned off the game, gone to my room and sulked. Then, my mom calls me back into the living room because she said Nebraska is in scoring position. When Purify caught that touchdown, I jumped straight up in the air and both my hands went directly into the ceiling fan. Hurt like hell, but that ending was amazing.
Loudest? This one is a bit more difficult. I remember '06 Texas being pretty loud, same with '08 Colorado and '09 Oklahoma.
Most disappointing? 2009 Big 12 championship game
Best OT? I don't remember many of these, but maybe 2010 Iowa State.

• Plus1 4

2001 OU. Sitting in the North endzone about 20 rows up. I was 10 at the time and for whatever reason instead of following the player who received the end around from QB, I watched Crouch sneak out to the left side of the field. From there, as soon as Stuntz threw the ball everyone was up and I couldn't tell what happened but knew what happened based off of how loud the stadium was.

Also, I remember gameday was down in the north east endzone that year, in addition to some random guy yelling, "hey corso, you suck" when it was super quite, I remember the OU band coming over and chanting 31-14. Well, my dad started the 69-7 chant that sent them back over to the visitor section.

58 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Stolen from Twitter:

Which games fit this description for you?  Games you've seen in person or on TV

Most fun? 
Most satisfying?
Loudest?
Most disappointing?
Best OT?

Most fun:  1992 Halloween game vs. Colorado. Both teams ranked #8, we hadn't beaten Colorado in three games and they were HUGELY c$%ky, and we just trounced them. Sleet/rain all night, cold, miserable conditions to watch a game, but the crowd was HYPED all game long.

Most Satisfying: 1994 championship game vs. Miami.

Loudest: 2011 Ohio State, 2015 Michigan State, 1992 Colorado... there's a lot of these.

Most Disappointing: Too many to count.

Best OT:  1997 Missouri. The Tiggers gained -3 yards and Nebraska wins, eventually winning the National Championship

21 minutes ago, Enhance said:

Best OT? I don't remember many of these, but maybe 2010 Iowa State.

Eric Hagg saved that game. His break on the two-point conversion attempt was insane. The guy in the blue circle is the receiver. Look at the separation just after the snap. Hagg made up all that ground for the winning INT.  Fantastic play.

czn04h2.png

• Plus1 4

1 hour ago, Mavric said:

Stolen from Twitter:

Which games fit this description for you?  Games you've seen in person or on TV

Most fun? 1994 vs. Colorado - beating them down from the opening snap on Homecoming, 200th consecutive sellout, Game of the Year, etc. was so fun to watch.  1996 Fiesta Bowl is a close runner-up. 1991 vs. Oklahoma in freezing rain to win the Big 8 was also super fun.  I went on the field after the game and ran into my best friend and we celebrated.
Most satisfying? 1995 Orange Bowl vs. Miami.  To finally get over the hump and win the NC was so amazing.
Loudest?  2009 vs. Oklahoma - I haven't been to a lot of games recently, but this is the loudest game I can remember.  The NU offense sucked the whole game, but I swear the fans willed the D to dominate the game and win.
Most disappointing?  1990 vs. Colorado, #1 Virginia had lost while this game was just starting, and fans in the stadium were saying "We're #1!!".  NU takes a 12-0 lead into the 4th quarter, and it could have been more.  Then the 4th quarter started and the game completely switched to CU and they won 27-12.  The 2009 Big 12 Championship game against Texas had a disappointing ending, but the game wasn't disappointing.  I was having a ball watching the D dominate UT, it was just the ending that sucked.
Best OT?  1997 vs. Missouri.  Frost to Davison forces OT.  NU gets the ball and scores pretty easily, and then the D dominates Missouri, with Rucker and Wistrom combining for the sack on 4th down to end the game.

• Plus1 3
2 hours ago, Mavric said:

Most fun? 
Most satisfying?
Loudest?
Most disappointing?
Best OT?

I will also stick with games I saw in person.

Most fun: Probably beating Kansas State in 1999. Both teams were really good and Nebraska smoked them.

Most satisfying: 2001 Oklahoma

Loudest: Either 2001 Oklahoma or 2008 Colorado

Most disappointing: Easily the 2010 Big 12 title game loss to Oklahoma. Not the only loss I've seen in person, but damn. Nebraska should have won that game.

Best OT: The only overtime game I've seen in person was in 2006 against Kansas, so that wins by default.

• Plus1 2