Mikale Wilbon

ADS

3 hours ago, 84HuskerLaw said:

After rewatching the spring game, it is obvious Wilbon can't carry the extra weight at all.  Looked like our slowest RB.   I like Ozigbo, Bell and Mazour and all three should get to play some as each has strengths.  Bell quicker slasher, Zig has the power and decent speed and Mazour gets everything you can out of every shap.   Interchangeable in my view.   

I agree on Wilbon - he looked huge.  Looked way too bulky and (IMO) didn't seem to carry it well.

7 hours ago, 84HuskerLaw said:

After rewatching the spring game, it is obvious Wilbon can't carry the extra weight at all.  Looked like our slowest RB.   I like Ozigbo, Bell and Mazour and all three should get to play some as each has strengths.  Bell quicker slasher, Zig has the power and decent speed and Mazour gets everything you can out of every shap.   Interchangeable in my view.   

You are leaving out Bradley who from some accounts was their number 2 guy behind Bell.

5 hours ago, huskerguy said:

You are leaving out Bradley who from some accounts was their number 2 guy behind Bell.

If Bryant is healthy he could be the #1 guy and Bell #2, but I assume with how many times he's hurt that knee it will be hard to say if he can get back to where he was or sustain it. There will be many guys getting the ball this year. I am still really excited about freshman Miles Jones - totally underrated. Mazour and Ozigbo will get carries. Washington if he can play this year would be nice, but it seems he might not be available until next year. 

There is a reason we have 3 RBs for the 19' class....Bryant is unknown. Bell will be a SR next year, Ozigbo will graduate. 

• Plus1 1
6 minutes ago, BIG ERN said:

If Bryant is healthy he could be the #1 guy and Bell #2, but I assume with how many times he's hurt that knee it will be hard to say if he can get back to where he was or sustain it. There will be many guys getting the ball this year. I am still really excited about freshman Miles Jones - totally underrated. Mazour and Ozigbo will get carries. Washington if he can play this year would be nice, but it seems he might not be available until next year. 

There is a reason we have 3 RBs for the 19' class....Bryant is unknown. Bell will be a SR next year, Ozigbo will graduate. 

I get the impression that Bryant is not yet full-go and it might be later in the season before we see much of him.

• Plus1 2
38 minutes ago, BIG ERN said:

Again, someone is leaving out Jaylin Bradley. 

41 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Count me in for more Wyatt Mazour. This is probably true of a lot of backs, but I think if you give that guy 20 touches in a game, he makes some good yardage. He's been a Spring Game star the last few years. Would like to see him get in some games.

I don’t know if Mazour is a 20 touches a game guy, but he might be worth a package of plays that can get him out in space where he excels. The guy played 8-man football, so he’s used to playing in space and making guys miss. 

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, onlyHskrfaninIL said:

Wilbon got way too big and slow.  His career at Nebraska is over.  Sounds like Avery Roberts needs to move on as well.  I think the top 2 backs will be Bell and Ozigbo, then Bradley.  I'm not expecting anything from Tre Bryant.  I wouldn't be surprised at all if he took a medical redshirt and retired from football.

I think it will be Bell and then Bradley.  Ozigbo is an interesting player.  I think a lot of people on this board like him because of he's the "big back".  I understand that to an extent, but he's not the type of running back who excels in short yardage situations.  Sam McKewon commented on his Pick 6 Podcast that Ozigbo could be better in this offense because he needs space and room to get his body going.  He does not excel in yards 0-5, but once he gets up to speed, he does pretty good in the 2nd level of the defense.  McKewon compared him to Imani Cross.  They both don't do well in traffic, and are not the guys you would want to use in short yardage territory.

Looking at Bell and Bradley, Bell seems to be the more complete, versatile back, while Bradley played in the exact same system in high school at Bellevue West.  That's why I think those 2 guys are going to be the top 2 RB's this year.

• Plus1 1
2 hours ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I don’t know if Mazour is a 20 touches a game guy, but he might be worth a package of plays that can get him out in space where he excels. The guy played 8-man football, so he’s used to playing in space and making guys miss. 

I'm definitely intrigued by Mazour. I agree, don't know if he's a bulk carry type of guy, but seems in his limited exposure to get a lot out of every touch. I'd like to see him get some opportunity early season and just see where it goes from there. 

• Plus1 2
25 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I think it will be Bell and then Bradley.  Ozigbo is an interesting player.  I think a lot of people on this board like him because of he's the "big back".  I understand that to an extent, but he's not the type of running back who excels in short yardage situations.  Sam McKewon commented on his Pick 6 Podcast that Ozigbo could be better in this offense because he needs space and room to get his body going.  He does not excel in yards 0-5, but once he gets up to speed, he does pretty good in the 2nd level of the defense.  McKewon compared him to Imani Cross.  They both don't do well in traffic, and are not the guys you would want to use in short yardage territory.

Looking at Bell and Bradley, Bell seems to be the more complete, versatile back, while Bradley played in the exact same system in high school at Bellevue West.  That's why I think those 2 guys are going to be the top 2 RB's this year.

Hey, I like Ozigbo. Not because he is the "big back," but because he has played well. Over the last three seasons, it seems that he has been the back who has been the most reliable guy at the end of the year, despite always being buried in the depth chart early on. He's not a superstar, but he has done well despite the horrible mismanagement by his prior coaches. I certainly hope all of our backs light it up this year, but I'm rooting for Ozigbo to have a strong senior year.

9 minutes ago, brophog said:

I'm definitely intrigued by Mazour. I agree, don't know if he's a bulk carry type of guy, but seems in his limited exposure to get a lot out of every touch. I'd like to see him get some opportunity early season and just see where it goes from there. 

Damon Benning was pretty high on him after the Spring game.  I know history has been full of "Spring game wonders" who never do much in real games, but Benning thinks that Mazour just may have a special ability to make guys miss in space, which can be utilized in this offense.

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, Ulty said:

Hey, I like Ozigbo. Not because he is the "big back," but because he has played well. Over the last three seasons, it seems that he has been the back who has been the most reliable guy at the end of the year, despite always being buried in the depth chart early on. He's not a superstar, but he has done well despite the horrible mismanagement by his prior coaches. I certainly hope all of our backs light it up this year, but I'm rooting for Ozigbo to have a strong senior year.

You have fair comments.  McKewon did say in his podcast that for some reason, Ozigbo has never been given a big opportunity to shine.  Whether it be bad coaching or bad timing, Ozigbo has seemed to be buried.  I am not high on Ozigbo.  He seems like a "good" RB, but nothing special.  JMHO.