TE Skylar Loving-Black [Iowa State - Signed LOI]

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

19 members have voted

1. 1. To Which School Will Loving-Black Commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

11 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

This guy is barely even a 3 star. Probably not worth debating Hickman moving to make room for him. I doubt this guy even has a commitable offer.

I wouldn't move Hickman just because we have another guy we could recruit.  But next year our TEs will be a Jr, two Sophs and two RS-Frosh.  Our offense appears to be in pretty good shape, at TE and (basically) everywhere else.  Our defense on the other hand......

3 hours ago, Mavric said:

Are you just assuming TE is his top position because that's mainly where we've been recruiting him?

We told him he could play either side of the ball.  Other schools are recruiting him on defense.  I think he could be pretty impactful on either side of the ball.

He has 12 catches for 340 yards and 4 TDs this year.  But he also has 33 tackles, 10 TFLs, 3 sacks, 2 INTs, 2 fumbles forced, 4 pass break ups and has blocked  field goal.  I'd say it's pretty hard to say what his top position is or could be.

Hickman is listed in the OP as the #3, #9 or #14 TE in the country, depending on what service or rating you're looking at.  Now, it's always possible that he could get here and the staff sees something extremely special at OLB and Hickman falls in love with the idea.

But, I have visions of Fant when thinking about this guy in our offense.  It just seems to me, that we would be moving a kid that could really be special at a position....just because we can't seem to recruit a top guy at another position.

7 hours ago, Mavric said:

I wouldn't move Hickman just because we have another guy we could recruit.  But next year our TEs will be a Jr, two Sophs and two RS-Frosh.  Our offense appears to be in pretty good shape, at TE and (basically) everywhere else.  Our defense on the other hand......

We get Ty Robinson.....Hickman stays at TE.....everyone is happy. 

• Mavric changed the title to TE Skylar Loving-Black [Iowa State - Signed LOI]