Husker Power getting a makeover?

http://www.huskerhype.com/husker-power-getting-a-makeover/

According to huskerhype.com (Full disclosure: I've never heard of this Husker site until today), Nebraska's Strength & Conditioning Center inside North Stadium built in 2006 could be on the eve of being remodeled and expanded. The last major renovation came in 2010 after Ndamukong Suh's $2.6 million dollar donation.

If this news is true then the sleeping giant that has been Nebraska football is truly beginning to wake up because of the hiring of Scott Frost and the return of old-school Husker Power. 

Old-School HUSKER POWER already in house at Lincoln:

Boyd Epley

Mike Arthur (Epley's right hand man)

Zach Duvall (Epley's protogé)

Dave Ellis (Osborne's former Nutrition guru)

_Lsf4tkf_400x400.jpg                  

2vaKnk8.jpg

• Plus1 2

Never heard of that site, either. Looks to be just a two-man operation, one guy doing articles and the other doing a podcast. Domain was registered about a year and a half ago.

We're getting about due for another big facilities renovation/expansion, not because we really need it, but because we're basically printing money at this point and 12 year old facilities are now considered ancient even if they're still in the top 5% of schools. Problem is, what/where will they build or improve? There's not really any room anywhere, which means tearing down or doing improvement work to existing facilities, which if it's anything major would be very disruptive to the team. 

7 minutes ago, Landlord said:

We're getting about due for another big facilities renovation/expansion, not because we really need it, but because we're basically printing money at this point and 12 year old facilities are now considered ancient even if they're still in the top 5% of schools. Problem is, what/where will they build or improve? There's not really any room anywhere, which means tearing down or doing improvement work to existing facilities, which if it's anything major would be very disruptive to the team. 

If you cant build out, build up 

On 8/1/2018 at 4:23 PM, Toe said:

Never heard of that site, either. Looks to be just a two-man operation, one guy doing articles and the other doing a podcast. Domain was registered about a year and a half ago.

HH is awesome! John is legit, i've helped them out some just not a writer, there are a few writers just John does a lot. 

On 8/1/2018 at 4:59 PM, Landlord said:

...12 year old facilities are now considered ancient even if they're still in the top 5% of schools.

Pretty spot on. A couple of months ago I saw a few local media personalities point out that Nebraska's facilities are aging a bit compared to some competitors and I remember thinking WHAT!? They just renovated some of those areas.

And then I looked into it more and it's true. Realistically, change is a constant now with facilities and if you're not always thinking 'how can we make it better,' and then actually making it better, you'll be left behind.

On 8/3/2018 at 8:07 AM, Enhance said:

Pretty spot on. A couple of months ago I saw a few local media personalities point out that Nebraska's facilities are aging a bit compared to some competitors and I remember thinking WHAT!? They just renovated some of those areas.

And then I looked into it more and it's true. Realistically, change is a constant now with facilities and if you're not always thinking 'how can we make it better,' and then actually making it better, you'll be left behind.

Yeah, for comparison, this is what Northwestern players are practicing in now:

Steinkamp2-(002).jpg

IMG_0575-small-900x600.jpg

RyanFieldhouse_2018_northwestern_1.jpg?i

Northwestern. That.