Ohio State Sucks, Who Can We Steal?

So now that news is leaking out that Urban Meyer may have known about his receivers coach beating his wife- this could be the 2nd ohio state coach fired back to back for scandals. I posted this in the recruiting thread because it could have a big impact on securing commitments for guys who would have normally went to Ohio State.

• Plus1 2

7 minutes ago, RedSavage said:

You're doing it wrong.  It's supposed to say "Ohio State sucks, who can we steal?"

Your right. What was I thinking. 

What I do know is if he does get canned. They will not luck out again with a Urban Meyer quality guy just sitting out there like when they seperated from Tressel. Thinking they will have a hard fall from grace.

• Plus1 1

I'll say this. Urban Meyer is a top 3 HC in college football, period. Ohio St will never be awful, but this for sure would set them back. In the case for Nebraska this would be MASSIVE. Right now Frost and Meyer seem similar in head coaching styles. Ohio St has a way better track record than us lately, but we are spitting the same product at recruits for the most part. Also given that we play them continually over the next 5 years this only helps us out for winning games and recruiting going forward. Some people will say I'm drinking the kool-aid but this makes Frost the best HC in the B10. Once we look back in 10 years people will be forced to agree with me. 

• Plus1 2
8 minutes ago, BIG ERN said:

I'll say this. Urban Meyer is a top 3 HC in college football, period. Ohio St will never be awful, but this for sure would set them back. In the case for Nebraska this would be MASSIVE. Right now Frost and Meyer seem similar in head coaching styles. Ohio St has a way better track record than us lately, but we are spitting the same product at recruits for the most part. Also given that we play them continually over the next 5 years this only helps us out for winning games and recruiting going forward. Some people will say I'm drinking the kool-aid but this makes Frost the best HC in the B10. Once we look back in 10 years people will be forced to agree with me. 

I agree. I think not having to compete with an urban meyer coached team on the field or compete with urban meyer on the recruiting trail only makes Frost's job easier to build the program.

7 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

I agree. I think not having to compete with an urban meyer coached team on the field or compete with urban meyer on the recruiting trail only makes Frost's job easier to build the program.

I remember talking to a OSU fan at the airport after Tressel was fired. He clued me in that they were pursuing UM. I gulped and told him that would be huge. He hasn’t underperformed what I dreaded.  Now I have mixed feelings. It’s always good to have a strong conference and I was hoping that Frost would get us competitive with the Bucknuts but this could make the task much easier, at least in the short term.

Remember that Ohio State is already dealing with a high profile sexual misconduct case in the athletic department regarding the doctor who was feeling up the wrestling team and the US Congressman who allegedly knew about it. Now this.

This may force OSU's hand to show that they take this sort of thing seriously. Not to mention the precedent for firing prior coaches for less.