Pre-Fall Camp Presser - 8/2

6 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Nate Gerry took a lot of heat from the fans.  And it wasn't totally undeserved.

But a LOT of people jumped on his comments and took them as a way to point the finger at the players instead of Riley's coaches.  And it turns out that Gerry was right, as is alluded to in this tweet and was obvious after last year.  In fact, Gerry was falling on his sword (so to speak) in pointing the blame at the players when it would have been rightfully directed at the coaches.

I argued this same point from the time ge said something.  Mike Riley was a joke and the nice guy and class thing is way over blown.  He was a con artist 

• Plus1 3

Farmer says he front squatted 500lbs last year and back squatted 765 for 3 reps this year. According to a random website people tend to be able to lift 70-85% of the amount of weight on the front that they can on the back. So if he did 500lbs front squat last year, he would have been able to back squat between 588 and 714lbs.

Even if his improvement was only from 714 (which he didn't do because they didn't back squat) to 765, that seems like a good amount to me for a senior who's been lifting for years. Or if we use the midpoint, it's an improvement from 651 to 765.

Also, I get the sense, especially since he wrestled, that he probably didn't slack off in the weight room last year.